DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

hi guys, Just brought home a 7 1/2 week old puppy who is super smart and very cute of course. Most of the time he is great with of course the usual hiccups with potty accidents. However, one thing I'm not sure how to fix is his fixation on hands and feet. Even when I have a toy with a squeaker he will sometimes turn to bite my feet or reach for the toy right by my hand. And he can get very distracted if I put my hand down or move my feet even if he has the toy in his mouth. It's like the toy is great but given the choice he would prefer hands and feet. How do I keep him interested in the toy and not so much extremities? Any and all advice and or similar stories welcome. Thanks guys 

Views: 121

Replies to This Discussion

Our puppy did go through a phase of this.  We always corrected him EVERY time this was his behaviour.  We made a loud yelp to inform him that it hurt, and then we gave him the proper alternative-a toy.  Luckily, this was short lived, but consistently is key, I guess that goes for all puppy training...

Ditto here. I was sometimes afraid that my neighbors would think that my "yelp" was my puppy's, and that I was abusing her.

The behavior did stop, but she is now almost 5 months old, and it is starting again. I hope this is the last go-round.

We taught Hoka to give "kisses" on command with peanut butter on our hands.  I did this a few times a day and let him go nuts.

When he was not supposed to put his mouth on me I put lemon juice on my hands and exclaimed "Aack! Aack! and turned away.

I only had to do this for a week or 2.  

It will pass!  But we did have little marks on us for a bit.

Thanks for all of the advice! Super helpful...

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service