DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

I will be getting my Doodle in a few weeks and was wondering what everyone is feeding their Doodles...wet food, dry food, or a combination of both?
Also what kind of food do you all feel is good?
I am looking to feed him something without "animal digest." Or any of that other yucky stuff...something very healthy.

Views: 173

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

We feed our five month old goldendoodle, Sophie, California Natural- the lamb and rice formula. We mix yogurt in a few times a week as well to give her some variety. We began transitioning her over to CA Natural as soon as we got her and she had no problems; she loves her food!

Good luck!
Rico is 12 weeks and we feed him Wellness Large Breed Puppy food and that's it other than the treats he gets in training and they are all Wellness brand or Zukes. He loves his food and gained 4.5 lbs in one week!
Mine may only be available in Canada, but I fed Nutram large breed puppy. Now he's on the adult version, and has always loved this food. It is kibble.
We have since switched to Acana, which is also made in Canada, but a much, much better food.
I tried a few different foods with Beck and went through runny poop and him getting the itchies, I now feed him Taste of the Wild with a few tablespoons of home cooked chicken or turkey (shredded or ground) and cooked with rice, oatmeal and veggies- he's 8 months now and doing great on that
Well... we're on food # 4. We started with Wellness (she hated it) then went to Royal Canin (she liked it but I was worried about what I had read online) then we tried Exclusive (Darby wouldn't touch the stuff) We're now trying the Innova large breed puppy and she's sort of eating it... probably eating half what she should. We're having alot of trouble with our picky girl. If she doesn't like something she will not eat, period. We tried holding out until she was hungry and she just starved herself. I'm at my wits end.
Darby is adorable. Lucca did the same thing. We are probably on food #8!!! I now put a tsp of canned 100% beef in his food. I heat it in the microwave for 10 seconds. It kind of makes a gravy. I am discovering that these doodles are very picky. Sometimes we'll add rice and sprinkle a little bit of shredded cheese on top. Sometimes he'll only eat 1 meal a day. They won't starve and I'm sure Derby gets treats throughout the day too. I have used canned EVO and I just tried a brand called B.G. (Before Grain). He really seems to like the BG. He isn't as fussy as he was.
Good luck I know it's frustrating. As soon as we see him settle and eat it's like we tip toe and act real quiet because we don't want to distract him...it's crazy!!!
LOL I feel you pain. I'm sitting here quietly trying not to distract Darby from eating.... We have since tried 2 more foods... We did Diamond small breed puppy (only one without corn) which she woofed down at a friends house. We brought it home and she ate it for 2 days and then stopped. We are now on Taste of the Wild... the one with the duck. We shall see... I give this food 3 days tops. We are running out of foods to try......
I've been mixing in Innova canned puppy to mixed results. I just bought Nutro puppy Max cans haven't tried those yet. I SWEAR the dog gets better food than the humans in our house.... and she doesn't want to eat it. I have NEVER had a dog so finicky.
Lucca is a cutie too... Good Luck with your finicky dood! We should start a club.. The finicky Doods.
Chewie is 4 months today. He came from the breeder eating Purina Pro Plan Puppy. I gave him 10 days or so to transition to his new home and then gradually switched to Wellness Puppy. He his done well...really firm poops, but because of some intermittent, occasional vomiting, the vet put him on Prescription Diet ID for a few days.
I would suggest that you use the same food that your breeder used for at least the first few weeks. It may be to much of a transition to switch food and environment at the same time. Good luck!
I recommend joining the food group and browsing many of the discussions. They are well-informed and very concerned about nutrition. There are a lot of discussions about homecooking, which is what I decided to do when I learned how lax the regulations are regarding dog food, but there are also a lot of good recommendations for kibble and other foods that are very helpful. One of the themes to a lot of the discussions is to avoid any food that buys ingredients and/or is manufactured in China because of the use of ethoxyquin and other questionable and low-grade ingredients and preservatives. Good luck.
We are on TOTW and Merrik puppy plate right now. I am thinking we will switch to Solid gold and Merrik after all the talk about the ethoxyquin in TOTW food. Hopefully they will like Solid gold. Next I want to rotate in Orijen (sp?) if I can find it in my area. I add some cottage cheese or reg yogurt when I have it in the house... sometimes they get rice or cheese or come cooked meats or veggies... they love bananas... just depends on the day.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service