DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

We worked really hard on house breaking Joey. And it paid off! She hasn't had an accident in about 4 months time. About 3 months ago, we started leaving Joey home alone uncrated. We started with a couple of hours. Now she stays home up to 6 hours at a time without accidents.

THEN....since last Friday, she's been peeing in the house! We were shocked when she decided to pee in the middle of the living room, on her bed (non sleeping bed) immediately after playing with us. Now, we understand that excitement causes pee but we she had gone out less than 4 hours prior.

The next night, the fire department was in our building at 330am for whatever reason. I was holding Joey getting ready to evacuate if needed and she pees while I'm holding again. This one I wrote off as stress and fear. But she's not a fear peer either.

Then 2 nights ago, she goes into our bedroom and pees on our bed. This is the first time she's ever done this! We could hear that she was playing ON our bed (which is does frequently). However, when we go to check on her, we see pee. And again, this was only 4 hours after she was let out.

We have noticed that she has been increasing her water intake since last Thursday (which makes senes with the first Friday mistake). We have considered taking her to the vet. But we also wonder if it's because last week, I switched dog food flavors to Acana Pacifica. I'm starting to suspect that pacifica makes her drink water more cause she's doesn't like the taste. 

Regardles...I'm so sad she's regressed in house training. How can we teach her to tell us when she needs to go. Even if she REALLY had to go, shouldn't she still hold it especially since we do a really good job of letting her out frequently? sigh...

Views: 143

Replies to This Discussion

I think I would take her to the vet just to make sure she doesn't have a UTI or something. I don't have any experience with this in dogs but I do have a cat that had a UTI once and the only symptom he had was peeing on a bathroom rug a couple of times.

I agree that you need to rule out any medical problems like an UTI. Call your vet and see if you can bring in an urine sample.

I third that. It sounds like it could be a UTI...

Please take her to a vet-like others mentioned it sounds like a urinary tract infection. The dog experiences pain when urinating. This can cause a dog to seek the soft, comforting surface of your bed to urinate in hopes of it not hurting as much. You’ll need your veterinarian’s help to evaluate this possibility. 

Ditto what everyone else said. It sounds for sure like she has a UTI.  UTI's are very painful, please get her to the vet.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service