DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Hi There!  My doodle is 17 weeks old and we have had her for 4 days now.  I am a little concerned that she spends most of her time sleeping.  She is up for about an hour at a time then sleeps for at least 2 - 3 hours.  I am hoping that it is just because she is adjusting to her new surroundings or that she is pooped from an increase in exercise.  We take her for mutliple walks a day, which I am sure is more exercise then what she recieved at the kennel.  When she is awake she loves to play and seems to be very happy.  I know that I am ust being a typical Italian Mother (as my husband likes to call me).  But, I just want to make sure that this behavoir is OK.

Views: 42

Replies to This Discussion

Thank you Megan.  I know that it is normal. But, for some reason I feel better when I receive validation from other puppy moms.  I can't believe that I am so nervous about a dog.  I am scared to see how I will act once I start having human babies. :)
This sounds normal. Puppies do a lot of growing so they need a lot of sleep. :-)
Maizy is 18 weeks old, we just got her 2 days before christmas...the first few days, all she did was sleep.  about 2 days ago, all hell broke loose. Lazy Maizy turned into crazy Maizy!!! LOL she is now a normal, active pup! she doesnt sleep much at all!  and her tail is no longer beneath her legs like the first few days. Give her some time to adjust :-) Congrats!
Whooppee!  Just like kids, they will get as much sleep as they need.  Don't worry about that.  Does she go to bed willingly at night and sleep through until morning?  That is the big one.  A couple of naps during the day is to be expected so let her get the sleep she needs.  My puppy (6 months) does not take naps anymore, but he wears himself out playing with other dogs and sleeps through the night and is reluctant to get up in the morning.  My son also quit taking naps by the time he was two years old and I always wished he had taken more naps.  Enjoy it while you can.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service