DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

We took Cooper over to my in-law's house today to hang out and socialize with their dogs. They have an in-ground pool and the labs love to swim. I was SURE that Cooper would not swim. The dog is a wuss...totally afraid to try anything. Just a big baby...not overly fearful, just doodlebaby shy. Anyway, I rolled back the cover and proceeded to get the vaccuum to start cleaning the pool for the kids to swim. Next thing you know, plunk, splash, he's head first in the deep end. I thought he fell in, and he was very discombobulated, so I jump in after him and "show" him how to swim over to the stairs and get out. It was hysterical and we are all laughing because he's such a goof to fall in like that. I turn my head for a second...and in he goes again off the side head first. OK, so it wasn't an accident...he just wants to swim. I never in a million years would have believed he'd like the pool..... He didn't, however, like to go down the stairs to get in....just flinging his body off the side. Go figure. So this pic is after he got out...wet rat doodle!

Views: 82

Replies to This Discussion

Lucky you...still want to teach mine to swin..one of these days...waiting for our pools to have doggy day swims..usually around the end of the year they offer the pools open to the dogs before they close for the season..
So cute! I bet that was really funny to watch. I hope my Peri likes to swim. After vaccinations, we are hitting the big creek nearby.
I can just picture this! Luckiliy for us no one took our picture doing this, but we are very serious water sports people and we know it can be luck if your doodle likes to swim, so we figured we had to show Maizy how to have fun in the lake. We donned our wet suits, as we are in Alaska, and waded into the shallow lake area and started throwing the ball back and forth to each other. Maizy just sat on the shore watching us....I think she was laughing. She is now two months older and lives in her little yard pool and runs right into the lake, so I'd like to think our being good role models helped out. Lucky you to have swimming doodle.
what a cute story.
Cooper is a darling! Doesn't he look just the cutest all wet? Of course I would think that because he is the spitting image of my Roo, who is a swimmer also. Roo will swim to fetch, just swim circles or play fetch with himself in the pool if he can't get anyone to throw the bone for him. Tigger his full brother is dying to swim, but pretty chicken. He has mad only two brief swims from the steps. However he does at least go onto the steps, even the scary, water up to his chest deep step, by himself now. Maybe by the end of this summer he, too, will be a swimmer.
Update: Now Cooper will NOT go in the pool. If we all get in, he just stands on the top step and cries. He really wants to come in, but is afraid of the "getting in" part. The stairs freak him out and he's lost the courage to jump. What a dorky doodle he is......
We're going to be spending two weeks on the CT shore in August. I'm hoping Guinness will swim, but I'm thinking the waves may freak him out.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service