DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Here's Tessa, a dark mahoghany chocolate f1b goldendoodle.  She had blue eyes when we first got her and they lasted until she was 3-4 months old. That little chocolate nose is so stinkin' cute!

A little older, around 4 months old, Tessa was not only cute but smart.  Here she was trying to teach her human boy, Daniel, how to use the computer.

Somehow I can't find pictures between 4-9 months, but here is Tessa this January with sister Charlotte and cousin Zoey.

As her first year of life was coming to a close, Tessa started to develop a more philosophical outlook on life.  There were things to consider like "what color will I be when I grow up?"

As her adult hair grew in but her puppy hair didn't fall out, Tessa started sporting the look we call the "Messy Tessy".  Tessa turned 1 on April 20, she weighed 43 lbs and has developed a passion for fetch.  It was only a matter of time before the "big cut" occurred, but until then, "Play Ball!!"

The time finally came for the "big cut".  Now, don't laugh because I think she has a certain elegance to her, but what happened to my chocolate mahogany puppy?  What is she, a weimerdoodle?  a german shorthaired doodle?  She's certainly not chocolate anymore!?!?!?

Whatever she is, she's ours and that's the important thing!

P.S. That's a friend's goldendoodle pup who temporarily joined our "pack" for a couple weeks. 

Views: 2506

Replies to This Discussion

She is so adorable. :)
What an interesting change. I love it! So unique.

Wow!  She is gorgeous!

Love all the pics. She is gorgeous!

Oh my gosh so beautiful!

That is an amazing transformation. Mine is brown also and has quite a few white hairs. How long did it take for her to go white?  She is certainly a looker!

In January she was still dark.  I cut her hair in April/May and she was "lavender" when we finished :-)  My other chocolate, Webster, didn't fade as quickly.  He wasn't as dark as Tessa as a puppy but he is darker than she is now - go figure!  You can see his Pup to Adult on this forum also.

He is so unique! Love it!
Do you have 3 doodles? My husband would like to get another but I'm hesitate our 1 st one will get jealous, but she does love her best friend that is a goldendoodle.

We do have 3.  When our first doodle Webster was 1 1/2 we got Charlotte.  Tessa joined us last June when Charlotte was almost 3 and Webster was 4.  We haven't had any jealousy problems but we let them sort out their relationships and set their own boundaries.

She is adorable
Beautiful!

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service