DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Bought this today for Giada (7 months, 45#). She had started to pull on our walks again after months of training, it was like she had totally forgotten:( After putting this on the first time she walks GREAT! I really can't believe it worked so well so fast. We have taken 3 walks and all have been excellent!!

I bought mine at Petsmart, but looks like the have it on line at Amazon.com for 1/2 the price.....wish I would have known. It is an excellent buy non the less:)

http://www.amazon.com/Premier-Gentle-Leader-Black-Harness/dp/B000BH...

Views: 587

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It is a MIRACLE WORKER!! I was absolutely astounded - I put the harness on Lucy and POW no pulling - period. From the moment it went on - how can that be??? The best part was there's no pain.. zip zero.. she started forward and with very little tension on the leash her body turned toward me and she looked a bit confused. Sat down. We started walking again and she went to the end of the very loose leash and was happy as a lark. I think I paid 24$ for the harness.. truth be old I would pay $200 for it!! THAT's how amazing it was. I LOVE THE GENTLE LEADER EASY WALK HARNESS! Now, the instructions say that the head collar is made to help with jumping, etc. Although the harness doesn't keep Lucy from Jumping it does give me more control to help her stop. Seriously, this is the best investment... I can finally walk Lucy and it's a JOY.. no more back aches or sore arms... I also don't have to worry about Lucy accidentally hurting my 80 year old parents when they babysit for me.
I use the Gentle Leader with my English Springer Spaniel. He is 5 and only walks without pulling when we use it. We will go without using it periodically and he always pulls and chokes himself. He walks great off-leash but on-leash he pulls and pulls. He absolutely hates the strap on his nose so he spends half of his walk trying to get if off with his paw. Oh well, at least he gets to GO for a walk with it.
Nancy, I use the harness... it didn't have the strap across the nose... and it works GREAT! If yours doesn't like the strap (which is the "gentle leader headcollar") then try the gentle leader easy walk harness!
I use the harness too, because Elvis rubbed all the fur off his nose with the Gentle Leader - even when he wasn't wearing it. Once we stopped using it, he stopped rubbing his nose.
This really is the best thing I have ever bought for Koda. He used to pull me like CRAZY and with this harness I feel like I have some control over him again (he is now 85 lbs). I highly recommend this harness. It is easy to use and works great!
Max uses the Easy Walk and it has helped quite a bit with his pulling. He is only 3 months old so he still needs a little time but, it has helped a lot.

~Danielle
That is a great price for the Easy Walk. We have bought two at $30 each. They are a terrific product.
Okay - I think I'm going out today to get one of these. In our obedience classes they keep wanting me to try the Gentle Leader head strap thing. In fact, they tried one on him, and he turned into an acrobat, and had it off in a big hurry (and was miserable, to boot). I asked, and they told me they'd rather I struggle along on a flat collar than use a harness. BUT - he's my dog, and I'm the one living with and walking him, and I do believe I choose to try and have him enjoy life. :)

Two things - I've read a lot of reviews on-line and they say that a) the harness is difficult to get on, and b) the harness can leave "rub marks" behind the front legs. Anyone experience these things?
LuLu would pull something awful with her leash. I bought the Gentle Leader Easy Walk harness yesterday and have been able to walk her without any pulling. My vet had told me to wait till her last parvo to take her out of the yard, but she needed the exercise. We walked yesterday and today with no problems. I love it!

Carol and the gang
Did anyone buy the Gentle Leader Easy Walk Harness when their doodle was a puppy? I'm wondering what size to get since Wrigley is only 13 weeks old and growing like a weed. We haven't started walking yet b/c our vet recommended that we wait until our next round of shots, which is next week. It can't come soon enough b/c we are ready to burn some of her extra energy! I just wasn't sure if the harness was suitable for puppies. I looked at the ones that go on the head last weekend, but the lady at Petsmart was clueless so I didn't even ask about the harnesses.
I have used this for a long time with Darwin and I LOVE IT! We do side training but when I don't have time to train and need him to heel, it's so perfect! It completely stops his pulling.

totally agree that this is a MUST buy for pullers....

bought one 1 week ago (before i found this review site) and its as if Maggie doesnt even have a collar on. No more pulling! fantastic!

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service