DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Yippee!  Yesterday we drove up  to St. Peterburgh, Fl., to the Fl. Poodle Rescue group and drove

home with a beautiful, one year old, black male Standard Poodle!  He is just the sweetest boy ever!

Mitzi is doing fine with her new friend, teaching him the ropes around here.  He is already eyeing the pool

and I am only concerned he will jump  in before he fully heals from being neutered.  Our only problem is that his name "Buddy"  just doesn't fit.  I hope we find a better name soon.  Any good suggestions?

Views: 190

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Karen,

Thank you!  I am still not confident as to how to place pics in the right position.  I have put four pictures in the photo area and they came up on my page as well.  I am trying to change my profile picture and having difficulty with that, too.  Oh, well,

right now I'm spending more time playing with "Puppy", guess I will have to figure out the photo situation later he is too

much fun!  Actually, I just enjoy sitting and watching him sleep! 

OMG, he is gorgeous! And he has a very doodle-worthy nose!

How in the world did a dog like this end  up homeless?

Lucky dog, lucky you!

Thanks for putting the picture in the right place, I must learn how, just am not technically inclined.

It really was just luck, and we are very pleased with him.  We were told he was not housebroken but

so far he seems to be doing just fine.  Guess we will find out if and when we leave them alone, which won't be for a long time.  Between the l0 hour drive, (Many stops for walks) and the excitement of the home coming,we

are all exhausted.  Guess its time to watch the Superbowl!

Karen,

Thank you for finding and  placing this photo here.  I am still working on learning how to do it.

We keep asking ourselves that question.  We really do feel lucky, he is such a love.

Adding pictures is not hard. Just click the second icon from the left. Browse for your photo, whether it's on your desktop or in a folder and click to open. Then they will upload and voila. I have been having trouble for a while adding pictures from my page to discussions, though.

Hi F Parker, Calla & Luca,

I just managed to add a couple more pictures, but honestly don't know where or how to place them.  They just seem to have a life of their own.  I was trying also to change my profile picture and it is too complicated for me, oh dear!  I couldn't even find the second icon from the left!  lol !  I used the quick add column on the right on my page to add these photos. 

Anyhow, I was trying to show his coloring un-photoshopped, in full daylight.  It looked different to me this morning , maybe early sunlight is different from afternoon sun. 

He also has a small, white blaze on his chest which is not common for black poodles.  I think that makes

him a "party" poodle, but not sure about that either. 

Beautiful Boy!!!!

How about Magic (Black Magic =)

He looks like a goofy boy....

Disney

Goofy

Wally

Yogi

Boo Boo =)

What a handsome boy!!! I'm sure that Mitzi must be swooning :)  I was actually looking for a black standard poodle originally, and then when Cocoa was available I happily switched to a doodle.  I hope my next dog looks just like Buddy AKA ???.

Enjoy!

Buddy is beautiful - Maybe a french name like Pierre or Simon would be good. I can't believe he is a rescue he is absolutely gorgeous.
Beautiful looking dog!  I was thinking on the same lines as Joanne.  Since he came from St. Pete's, you could call him Pete or Petey.
Congrats on your new boy!!!!..He is just beautiful!!! and his doodle nose is the cutest, lol...I am so bad with names, but there have been some great ideas here,,,Do u know why he was put up for adoption?  He is just so pretty, and looks well taken care of.  And most of all, thank you for adopting, you get your angel wings...

He was adopted through Florida Poodle Rescue, they have a web site that my daughter told me about.  She

adopted a dog from the Wee Waggin Rescue last year on the West Coast of Fla.  She was looking for a friend when she told me about this site.  Funny thing is I wasn't really looking to add another dog and was just looking

out of curiosity when I came across a poodle that tempted me.  Then fate stepped in and voila, here we have a

beautiful new family member!

I really appreciate all the positive feedback we have received.  DK members are AWESOME!

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service