DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Myla is a swimmer - we cannot get her out of the water!  If we walk along the beach, she swims beside us.  If we throw sticks for her to fetch, she will swim out and get it but she will not get out of the water, she drops it as soon as she can touch bottom and waits for us to throw another!  If I swim out, she swims beside me - I'm so happy, none of my other dogs liked swimming!  This last week we camped at a river and she spent all day taking big rocks out of the water and dropping them on shore!  She would try rolling them out with her paws but then would submerge her whole head and come out with a big rock in her mouth, drop it on shore and go in for more!  She sure was the centre of attention!    Does anyone else have a doodle that does this??  I've never seen it before!

Views: 284

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Both of my toy poodles loathe swimming. Im hoping my little doodle will like it! Sounds like yours truly loves it!

We had a full blooded labrador that did not like to go in past her legs!  

I was so excited last year when Myla started swimming and obviously loved it - All of my other dogs (including lab crosses and my last goldendoodle) would only go in to their belly.  Now if only I could train her not to come to me to shake!!! LOL

I have one swimmer.  He would probably bring up rocks if we stopped throwing balls for him.  :)

Last weekend we were at a big pond and he was swimming while the other doodles waded near the shore.  Then he saw a goose and suddenly the chase was on.   All three were after the goose!  Our puppy who is 10 months had never swam before but she took off after the others. Luckily, geese are a bit faster than doodles.

Here they are discussing their strategy.

That's cute!

That would all make sense as a poodle was bred to be a hunting dog to retrieve waterfowl. ;) Mmmmm duck...or goose! :D

=:-)).

I've been trying to get Myla to jump off the end of a dock but she'll have nothing to do with it!  If I throw a stick or a rock in from the end of the dock, she'll turn around and run to land and start swimming from there!  It's hilarious!

We knew a Welsh Spaniel once who fetched rocks, especially from under water.  The downside was that she was wearing her teeth down.

Roxy loves to swim especially with my boys (6 & 9 yr old).  She is use to swimming in our inground pool.  She goes down the steps and away she goes.  She will even race across the pool with them.  I'd love to take her to a lake or the ocean and see if she would dive down for something.  She loves biting at the splashing water :)

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service