DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Hello everyone! I'm new to the forum and unfortunately have a sad story. I'm a groomer in Philly, Pa and I recieved a call yesterday from a doodle client. She said she was in an unexpected divorce and can't keep Frida (her 10 month old Goldendoodle) They rescued Frida just 5 months ago! She was trying to find a good home for her. I wasn't sure if anyone on here had any good ideas to help Frida find a forever home! Any advice would be apriciated!
P.s. Frida is my profile pic

-Rose

Views: 1156

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

DRG. A doodle rescue group. You can pass on the info to the owner. Sad indeed.
Sorry...thats DRC. You can find at bottom of main page here on Doodlekisses

I posted a link in my comment below. :)

I am sorry to hear this.

If they "rescued" Frida from a shelter or rescue group, they probably have to notify the organization. (Of course, if it was a shelter, I would not do that.) Legitimate rescues have a stipulation in the adoption contract that the dog must be returned to them if the adopter cannot keep her.

Poor Frida, getting passed around like this. Only 10 months old and looking at a third (fourth?) rehoming??????

In order to ensure that this poor puppy never goes through this again, it is very important that your client rehomes her only through a reputable and registered not-for-profit rescue group who will work to make sure that she is placed with an experienced and qualified owner who will keep her for the rest of her life, no matter what

There are two reputable nationwide doodle rescue groups, IDOG and the DRC . I strongly urge you to have your client contact one of them for assistance in rehoming Frida. There is no cost to the owner, and they have placed thousands of doodles in new homes across America. They check references, including vet references, do home visits, conduct extensive interviews, and have fairly restrictive adoption policies to ensure the safety of the dog. 

The worst possible thing to do is to list her on Craig's List, or similar ad sites. It is extremely dangerous for the dog. 

I whole heatedly agree with Karen...so so so important..thank you for helping!
Craigslist is where they "rescued" her from. The original owner bought her as a puppy and then had to move back to England so he put her on Craigslist. I groomed Frida the week she was picked up, She was soooo matted, she couldn't move her limbs without being in pain. I will pass the info onto the owner. Thank you all so much!

Karen gave you all the correct information.  Do follow her advice.

I would like to thank you for going out of your way as a groomer to insure this dog's safety and proper re-homing.  Says a lot about you.  Welcome to Doodle Kisses.

This dog needs a forever home and it is important it is done the correct way once and for all.  

Thank you for helping.

Yes, obviously, being rehomed through CL did not ensure her a forever home. :( 

It also doesn't provide back-up; with a legitimate rescue group, the dog has a safety net for life. The rescue will always take her back, although the hope is that it's never necessary to do so. . 

If I were adopting, I would certainly put in an application for FRIDA.  Just the name alone has me hooked already.  Please let us know and keep us updated. 

This is so sad. I know first hand. :( I agree with Karen. If Jake doesn't get rehomed with us I'm following her advice and contacting DRC. I also agree, it would be very tramatic for this little love to continually get rehomed. Heartbreaking.

Rose - thank you for caring!  Where are you located?  I live in NJ right outside of Philly.  Please keep us posted!  Many wonderful people would love to have Frida!

I'm located near saint Joes University. Being a pet groomer is like being an aunt to your clients dogs. All my four legged clients are like family to me. If I can help one find a better home I will! I really hope I can help Frida, she is such a sweetheart.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service