DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Harli has thrown up now twice in the last couple of days. Both times it was just basically undigested food. Other wise she is acting normal. I thought I might get her checked out and the vet can see her tomorrow at 5:00. Has this happened to anyone else? I know I will worry until I see the vet!

Views: 325

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My daughter (who is now an adult) was a big time puker, but I'm not sure that's what you're asking about!  LOL  

Sedona is a puker, too.  As a puppy, she frequently dry heaved bile in the morning.  We had her checked out and she was fine.  She still pukes periodically, either "on her own" or by making herself throw up by eating grass.  She does the "grass 'n puke" at least once every week or two.  We can find no connection to anything in her diet, but she usually acts just fine after she's purged.   

good timing, my kitten threw up while he was eating dinner. second time this week.

Hope harli is ok

When he was younger, Cubbie used to throw up atleast once or twice a week.  Now as long as he has something is his stomach before bed, we avoid the morning bile issues.  We also make sure to keep him "calm" after he eats so that we don't have a pile of kibble come back up.  He was at my mom's house last week while I took Ollie to the vet and I had her feed him dinner.  I forgot to remind her not to let him run around after eating and he puked up kibble all over her livingroom carpet (the only room with carpet in her whole house).  I told her that it similar to having to wait an hour before you can swim after a meal (she used to hold us to that one as kids).  But after having to clean up a pile of warm partially chewed kibble from her carpet, I don't think she will ever forget that rule again.  :)

It probably isn't much to be worried about, but you could just discuss it with your vet and have the peace of mind.

Yep. Spud's a puker. He is healthy, good weight, and healthy. Often it happens after heavy play and extreme water drinking, other times it is a nasty treat someone thinks he should have, and most of the time I just don't know why.
We home bake his treats for this reason.
Vomiting decreased with maturity. He is three.
How is Harli today?

Update: Harli seems ok today so I canceled her vet appointment. I realized from reading other posts that Harli is puking after playing too hard. I think I will wait longer after she eats to go outside and play ball with her. This website is the best and I am grateful to everyone!

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service