DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Think we'll have to give Maddie a bath before she is due to go back to the groomer.  Looking at all the cute bath time doodle pictures, I was wondering if anyone has a favorite shampoo.

Views: 97

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

We used Johnson and Johnson tearless baby shampoo for about a year. Now we use Mane N Tail. They both worked great for him and haven't irritated his skin. Both smell really nice too. I have also been looking into Chris Christensen Day to Day shampoo because we bathe him pretty frequently...

I use EarthBath Puppy Shampoo, then Mane and Tail Conditioner or EarthBath's Conditioner. I really need to find a moisturizing conditioner as Echo's coat is like straw in places.

One that I have used in the past, with my Shih Tzu is Bless the Beasts by Bo Derek. I used the brightening shampoo. She looked amazing, soft coat and smelled great for 2 weeks but not a over powering smell.

Once Echo gets older I will try the Bless the Beasts on him.
We use fresh pet from petedge.com it's great. We use the shampoo and cond. They smell good for a couple of weeks.

When choosing shampoos, the two criterias I have are (1) smells good and (2) lathers up easily.  My GR has rather water-resistant coat, hence I need shampoo which can work up a lather easily.

I don't shower them often, maybe 4Xs a year for Z, and we send K for full grooming almost every 10 weeks or so.  One bottle of Chris Christensen Day to Day lasts over a year.  I make use of an old empty shampoo bottle, fill it with one part shampoo and 10 parts water, shake it up and apply onto Z's wet coat directly, and scrub.  Hence one bottle goes a long way.  I like Fruits of the Groomer Conditioner, it is rather pricey, but it smells really fruity.

I've bought the expensive doggy shampoos....but I like J&J no More Tears best......reminds me of my real babies!

I try never to bath Ned myself because I just don't feel that I get him rinsed well enough, but when necessary:

Human shampoo - Pantene 2 in 1 (got this tip from Nancie Casey - pre-dilute it in a bottle)

Dog shampoo - Cowboy Magic or Horse Mane 'n Tail.  These are because Ned mats easily.  He does get itchy though.

I am a big fan of "Buddy Wash" I think the company is called Cloud Star. It does an amazing job getting any and all dirt out, very good and bubbly.They also have a "Buddy Rinse" and detangling spray that smell amazing and work really well. They are very mild also and we have never had any skin problems from them which we have had from other shampoos.

I use EarthBath Mango Tango - smells great, is 100% natural, and is a shampoo and conditioner in one. 

We bathe Cooper every 4 months ish, though really its more of a shower than a bath, and she prefers cooler water (I dont though, and its always me who is in the tub with her). Im thinking maybe this time we will try more of a bath than shower, she doesnt seem to mind swimming but hates showers

how do you DKers bath your dog??????

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service