DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

I am posting this picture of Boris so you can understand how sad I am now. I am very happy that he is home and he is wagging his tail lots though he is disorientated and sleepy. Riley has been very gentle with him and is just lying near him. For now I am beside him as his crate is too small and the super size one hasn't arrived yet. He is very happy to be home and enjoyed his food. He has pain killers and Rimadyl to take and the 15 staples in each shoulder come out in ten days time.  The vet surgeon told me there were two large lesions one on each shoulder that he removed and that the left joint showed evidence of mild synovitis (inflammation within the joint) The sad part of all this is that Boris is now likely (vets words) to develop osteoarthritis in both shoulders and slowing down the progression of this is what we will now have to manage carefully. He said that free running is not advised so no chasing a ball or running free in the fields with Riley. The rehab will be slow. He is on crate rest for six weeks followed be carefully managed rehabilitation which will probably include hydrotherapy. I sent this photo to the breeder along with the notes from the vet and asked her to do the right thing and not bring any more puppies into the world that could possibly have to go through this again. To say that I am sad is an understatement but I am so happy to have him home where he is happily asleep on his memory foam bed in my bedroom. I will sleep beside him for tonight as his crate is too small and an extra super size one that I ordered should arrive tomorrow. 

I have posted on FB as I want the world to know about this and am hoping that the breeder will get the message loud and clear.  DK friends have and continue to be a tremendous support and help to me as I help Boris with his recovery and get my own head around all of this.

Views: 582

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Oh Boris, get better quickly! He is a lucky boy to get the best care possible from his mom. :-)

Nicky, I know you are so sad and I hurt for you, but you can still hold and hug him. As long as he has you he will be fine. I will pray for a pain free and a remarkable recovery. For you peace too. Hugs.
Sue & Lily Grace. You are right. I can hold him and hug him. He is wagging his tale even while he is half asleep!

Oh poor little guy.  I hope he heals at least as fast as predicted.

Nicky, it is so good to hear that Boris is home, he must feel loads better already just being home with you and having you by his side. Hugs to you both.

So glad sweet baby is home and recovery can begin…. loads of love to you all.

I hope by now you are all having a peaceful sleep.  It is 3:43 am there now..right.

Hey Nicky, your doctor called me. You are to stay in bed yourself all day tomorrow too.  That's an order.

I'm sorry and I'm sad and I'll cry with you too

I'm so glad Boris is home- I hope he has a speedy recovery
You are an amazing owner and Boris so so lucky to have you. I'm sorry your heart is heavy. I am sure Boris is so glad to be home and in your loving arms.
Oh, poor Boris ! I wish him a speedy recovery, amongst other things, like having to cope with the big cone of shame, and no upper fur, and pain. Rimadyl  is good stuff, it should help a lot with the joint discomfort.
Sending you hugs, and positive thought's.
You, and Boris hang in there. It will improve day by day.
Hugs

You might want to consider a baby playpen for now.  I always use them with puppies and like them much more than crates.  Of course if Boris is used to going into a crate, that will work also.  I feel for you and for Boris.  The shaved areas will grow back quickly.  Groucho Too's hair has grown back and you could not even tell he had surgery a month ago.

So glad that he is home and under your loving care...He will get better faster being home.  I am sure it was upsetting to see him like that, but he will heal and be your Boris again before u know it...Hugs to you both, and please keep us informed as to how is doing...Hugs

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service