DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

So many posts lately have gotten me thinking about how much my boys mean to me.  Yes - there have been other dogs that I have loved deeply, mourn still to this day but Rooney & Stuart tug at my heart like no others - so I have to ask "why a doodle"?  What is it about these dogs that make us love them so? 

Part of the reason for me is;

that I adore their look.  Rooney resembles a little teddybear and his walk from the rear view makes me think bear too.  Stuart looks like a cartoon character - Fozzy Bear come to life.

even though they grow out of being puppies - they continue to look and act like puppies.

smart, smart - sometimes too smart.

So I ask you - why a doodle?

Views: 750

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I love the look. And the non shedding is a bonus! But Cooper is just such a happy bouncy goofy girl, I cant imagine any dog measuring up to her!

LOL - yes I love Rooney's non shedding - however Stuart sheds enough for two dogs - but I still ADORE him.

I agree - Rooney and Stuart both smile - I'm used to it now but I had labs before and I don't think they smiled as often.

This is perfect! I feel the same way.

Hmmm ... a doodle smile ... like this? (Ha ha he just started doing this and it is so FUNNY!)

awwwww... so cute!

I also love their look.  The way they bounce when they walk.  I love the soulful look in their eyes.  I love the way everytime Jack sees me across the yard or park he comes charging and leaps up for me to catch him.  He makes me feel happy just looking at him.

I'm probably one of the very few DK members who didn't really choose a doodle. I was just looking for a nice young medium sized dog, already housebroken and past the chewing stage, and because I always had poodles, I wanted some poodle in the mix. Who needs dog hair all over the house? Any dog who fit that descrioption would have been fine. In fact, my preference in poodle mixes are schnoodles. It was just a fluke that JD was relinquished to a shelter where I had an approved application on file and they called me. Of course, he's way bigger than what I wanted, and he sheds worse than a Golden retriever, but I'm glad they did.

I think doodles are adorable, but I had lived with purebred poodles for more than 30 years, and fostered former police K9s, so I'm used to very smart dogs. And I don't think the "doodle" part has anything to do with how much I love Jack. There are many other breeds I would consider owning.

I'm in line with Karen.   I was on my way to get a Mastiff but I could only find blonde Mastiffs.  I wanted the low slobber.  And this breeder admitted slobber.  I wanted a mix more than a pure bred.   The other dog in my area was a Doodle?  WTD?  I had heard of Labradoodles but not Goldendoodles and I had never met one.  I had no idea that there were dogs who did not shed!  <--  Honest.  I actually thought the woman on the phone was full of BS. 

I really just wanted a dog.  I had also looked for a Boxer. I searched page after page of Boxers at the Humane Society and Shelters. No way were those boxers.

I wanted a dog-any dog.   I wanted a really BIG dog.  I had NO IDEA that one Saturday when my DH said, " Okay ( finally), I really don't care if we get a dog"  I had a folder stashed with some information: Things to ask a Breeder, but otherwise I was completely not prepared for anything.  I just wanted a dog. In 2 hours I was home with a tiny wild baby in my house!  The sun had no even set.

I also would get other breeds of dogs.  Shedding?  I could care less. A simple vacuum works just fine with me. 

I also like Shepherds, especially the Black ones ( Belgium ?)  and I think a tall slender Poodle would be great.  I do appreciate the intelligence and athleticism  in some of the breeds more than just  looks.

I truly ended up with exactly what I was not looking for.  A smaller dog with all the joy I could ever want and more. 

"I truly ended up with exactly what I was not looking for."

I love this! Me, too.

Joanne, you really didn't know that poodles don't shed?

No.  I never needed to know, I suppose. I always loved an uncut Standard, but I just thought shedding comes with animal ownership.  When I see hair on someones cloths, it makes me like the person more.   And I really did think the lady on the phone was full of Skata

Riley is always happy, he loves all people and all dogs but especially people.  He makes my heart melt every time I look at him.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service