DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

So many posts lately have gotten me thinking about how much my boys mean to me.  Yes - there have been other dogs that I have loved deeply, mourn still to this day but Rooney & Stuart tug at my heart like no others - so I have to ask "why a doodle"?  What is it about these dogs that make us love them so? 

Part of the reason for me is;

that I adore their look.  Rooney resembles a little teddybear and his walk from the rear view makes me think bear too.  Stuart looks like a cartoon character - Fozzy Bear come to life.

even though they grow out of being puppies - they continue to look and act like puppies.

smart, smart - sometimes too smart.

So I ask you - why a doodle?

Views: 750

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Totally agree that there is something VERY SPECIAL about doodles!  They make me laugh ALL the time.  They are so silly,and absolutely adorable, they don't shed much or not at all!  Paislee, I have decided, is someone back from heaven - lol!  Just can't figure out who! They are so sweet and super smart!!  They outsmart me all the time but don't tell my dh that!  Taking Olivia to her first agility class tonight and hope that she loves it as much as her sister!  I also love how everyone constantly fusses over how adorable they are! 

I really wanted a Golden Retriever.  My sister lived in the country and had the best Golden, they had a little pouch on his collar with paper and a pencil in it.  When her husband was working out in the shed on the property she would call the GR write a note and tell her to go get papa.  I thought he was the coolest dog ever, but I was deathly allergic to him...I would pet him anyway and pay the price.

So when it came time to get my own dog we researched hypoallergenic dogs first and it didn't take long to decide on GD.  We tried for a year to find a shelter doodle and eventually gave up and went to a breeder, we spent hours researching and took three trips to the breeder's farm before taking Garmisch home.  Garmisch is a amazing and at times regal dog.....I attribute that to her Championship Show dog heritage (which I couldn't have cared less about).  But she does have a regal air to her, our second GD Wembley was an accident...we saw her online and that was it!  She was at our home in less than 4 hours....she is kind of the opposite personality, a wild instigator with a great sense of humor...who tries to get by in life on her looks

I had a huge prejudice about poodles before we got our GD's and I now know that a lot of the traits I love in my GDs are Poodle traits and could not recommend the GR/P mix more.  I constantly tell people that, but many of the traditional Lab/Golden people are still put off by the doodle.  Their loss

All I can think of Jane is "Why NOT a doodle?" I was totally in love with them from the moment I met our daughters doodle and never even considered another breed.

My first doodle was as a companion for our standard poodle who had just lost his lifetime companion.  He was beside himself with grief and cried until he lost his voice.  I had reserved a Welsh Terrier puppy and when the puppy died at three weeks old, I wanted another dog right then.  My BIL told me about labradoodles (intelligent, non-shedding, therapy or service dog mentality) and I started looking on line.  Fell in love with the breed and after we had one we decided that was the breed for us.

I fell in love with the Standard Poodle personality after getting one and considered another.  I really like the "look" of a doodle a bit more and I grew up always wanting a Golden Retriever, so I think because they look like Goldens without the heavy shedding has me hooked on them!

I also work in a busy grooming salon and I've never met a doodle I didn't love almost instantly.  They have a very goofy-happy-go-lucky personality that I adore.  They don't take life too seriously and I don't either!

I also own a German Shepherd..so the non-shedding is definitely a bonus.  She sheds enough for everyone.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service