DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Thanks so much for your support during Chance’s recent surgery and the dreaded wait for the path report.

The good news is that the oral masses were not malignant.  The bad news is that they are an uncommon variant of viral papillomas.  This is infectious and can be transmitted to other dogs with immature immune systems (puppies) or dogs with compromised immune systems.

Chance most likely got this when he was being groomed—his last grooming corresponds with the incubation period for this virus.  He must now wait approximately two month to play with other puppies, and I will need to check his mouth carefully for new growths.  Papillomas also can grow in the throat and so I will also need to monitor for choking sounds as he eats.

But for now, the masses are gone and hopefully my little guy is on the mend!

Hugs and kisses to from Chance to all of his DK friends.

Views: 359

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Such good news!  The two months will pass quickly, and he'll be back playing with his buddies before you know it.  Scary about this probably coming from his grooming.  Papillomas and injured tails--I was nervous even before all this about leaving Trav with a groomer! 

I'm going to try to groom Chance myself . . . may not post photos :)

DJ -- Glad to hear this is all behind you and the little guy is well on his way to his normal happy self.  There are some videos on "Grooming Sully" on You Tube.  Good ones to watch if you are going to try and groom yourself.  Sully is a GoldenDoodle.

Thanks--will do.
I'm with you Pat. I was just considering having Bella groomed professionally for the first time, but this all just reminds me of why I have always done it myself.
:)

Well that is a relief considering... I am sure you will be able to manage this just fine with your watchful eye.  Hugs to you and Chance.

I am walking on clouds knowing that he will be okay!

I'm happy it was not maglignant and doing ok.  Sorry to hear he still has to be watched closely.  Did the Vet say this is common when going to groomers and day care?

She didn't say "common" but doggie daycare must inform clients about this virus and not allow dogs with papillomas to mingle with other dogs.  Groomers need to carefully disinfect after each dog groomed.  If you see bunches of pet hair from some other dog on the floor, find another groomer.

I am so glad to hear that Chance is on the mend. My goodness what a scary thing. I hope it is over for good. 

Me too:)

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service