DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Hello everyone!

As you probably know from the other discussion that we were going to get a Sheepadoodle. But after a lot of talking, and consideration, we have decided to get another Goldendoodle! I am very happy, but also sort of disappointed at the same time:( We want a doodle that will be like Bella,(not exactly) and even though I love Sheepadoodles, we think that it would be best to get a GD. We know that we will be moving at least twice while its a puppy, and read up on how they might not adjust well. And, we don't want it to "pick" a person in our house(not that it would not love everyone, but want to stay with one person.

Since we have a Goldendoodle now, We know what we are getting in to. Don't get me wrong, I love Sheepadodles, but It will not be the best fit for us. I want to give this puppy the best life as possible, and I think that we might not be able to do that with a Sheepadoodle. Nothing is for sure, and we may get a Sheepadoodle, but we really think another Goldendoodle is for us. I found the Sheepadoodle breeder, but good thing I didn't put down the deposit yet!

Thank you very much for all the good wishes! (in the other discussion:)

Views: 302

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think moving to a new place twice will be hard on any doodle you choose. But you have to do what is right for your family.

Yes I have thought about that too But the moves are far apart from each other. We have done it with Bella twice and she doesn't mind very much. After about a week, she knows where everything is, and acts like she has lived there her whole life:) It also depends on when we get her. if we get her in the next few months,(which probably wont happen) then will will move twice, but if we get her late in the year, or spring, then we will only move once. (I should have clarified that in the main discussion.Oops!:)

You should definitely get what you think would work best for you and your family and Bella.  I hope you find the perfect dog for your family.

Thank you very much:) I was going to message you but I got caught up in something, and then forgot:(

I just wanted to remind you that just because you already have one doodle does NOT mean that you know what you will get with the next one. I have litter-mate brothers and they couldn't be any more different. Their coat, their temperament and their personality are very different. Of course, they are both wonderful and I wouldn't give up either of them. Casey has a wavy coat that is fairly easy to comb.he loves for me to comb him - especially his chest and belly. Cody has a tight curley coat. He hates to be comed. When I pick up a brush or comb, Casey comes and Cody runs away. They are both sweet, but Casey loves to lay next to me with his head in my lap while I scratch and pet on him. Cody gets in my lap - all 60 lbs of him. Cody is more intelligent and is much better at figuring things out - such as opening the pet gate and letting everyone out of the sunroom into the rest of the house if we close and shut the gate but forget to lock it. Casey has never managed to figure that out. Cody is also a "counter surfer" and any food left on the counter is his as far as he is concerned. As far as I know, Casey has never even jumped up to look on the counter much less tried to get anything off the counter. Even walking them is different. Cody is much more interested in going from one marking spot to the next and leaving his "calling card" while Casey is more interested in just walking and seeing others on the walk. i also have another pair - I have a brother and sister dauchshunds - again littermates. He is a TOTAL love. Easy to get along with, just a cuddly lap dog. She on the other hand shows exactly where the b**** derogatory term originated. She is demanding, HARD to please and at 12 years old is STILL not totally housebroken. Her saving grace is that she loves me dearly and is my cuddle buddy for sleeping. Their difference in personalities always make life interesting!

Thank you for the heads up! We do not want a dog with the exact personality like Bella, but sort of the same. We love the golden part about them. That's why we decided on a goldendoodle again. We were trying to find a dood that was like a goldendoodle but different, then we realized "why do we need a different kind of doodle if we are happy with Bella?"  Also, we go on a lot of family outings, and want the doodle to enjoy them. Bella is active and lazy at the same time. She is active, then when we come home she sleeps for the rest of the day.

I think you have to do what is right for your family. Only you know what will work with your family. I know there are breeders who will work with you on personality traits that are important to you and do some basic personality tests before you settle on a pup. Good luck on your search!

Thank You Roslyn and Nana! I have only found one breeder that I like, (in my surrounding states) and I have to ask her if she does any personality tests. Thank you for bringing that up! I completely forgot about that:)

Hi Sam and Bella!

I was in your situation when I got a new persian kitten.  I moved twice in 6 months due to a bad apartment situation back in college. My first roommate was crazy.  The second time I moved was because of flooding. Anyhow, my kitten was fine because he was so young.  I can see how this might traumatize an older dog or cat but the younger they are the easier it is. You see the same thing with dogs.  We rescued a 7 year old dog who hated us for 2 months.  We also rescued a pug puppy that was 3 months from a local pug rescue who adjusted immediately. I think you should be fine.

Thank you Lucky and Chen! If I was ever going to get an adult dog, it would only be if we knew what we are doing. That makes total sense. Also, Bella gets sort of scared wit bigger adult dogs:(

The moving isn't really that big a deal. As my breeder explained to me while we were traveling with our first doodle his whole first year of life, "He will be fine as long as he is with you. Doesn't matter where." And she was so right.  Both my doodles adapt well to any changes and we have 2 homes, and now are traveling again in an RV.  I know with confidence that they will love anywhere we go.

Exactly! That is what I kind of thought. I f we don't leave them alone, they would probably be fine:)

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service