DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

We met this past weekend with a local representative of Contain-A-Pet. They are a national provider of containment systems. He is a franchisee in the Cleveland, Ohio area. I was VERY impressed with him and the company. All franchisees are required to be dog trainers first, before they buy their franchise. I liked what I heard about him from the references, too. It's a lot of money (although less expensive than others we looked at), so I want to make the best decision possible for Nico and us.

Has anyone else used Contain-A-Pet for their yards?

Views: 179

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Dennis, I have never heard of Contain-A-Pet, but I have the Pet Safe Containment System for Lucy and I love it. It is the best investment that I have made in a LONG while. It is and invisible fence with jus the system you plug in and a collar that she wears. Some people like them and some people don't. It is you preference. Yes, Lucy ran through it 3 times. I think I started too low with the setting. That was 2 years ago and I rarely have to put the collar on her any more. She knows her boundries and respects it. I put it on now and again "just as a reminder". I live on 10 acres, but Lucy liked to run and investigate when she was young. I was so afraid that she would go on the road, chase a deer or have someone pick her up. It is for her safety and my peace of mind.
Something else I LOVE about the system. It is portable. No underground wiring to worry about. We have a camp in the mountains and I just unplug the system and take it with us. GREAT
I have not heard of Contain-a-pet but I did have the Invisible Fence system in my old house (my ex still has it there) and it works perfectly to this day and it is over 12 years old. Because of that I bought a new system off Ebay for a third of the price of going directly through Invisible Fence. However, Invisible Fence only charges $149 to come out and install it. Which they are doing on Thursday. Just some options for you.....
WOW - I didn't know that. I bought the system off of Ebay too. DH put it in for only $50. for rental of trencher but for $149 I wouldn't of bothered him with it. Thats a good thing. I think you should put that up as a blog or something for people to know. I know some people don't like them but I absolutely love it. I would never own a dog without one again. Plus I have that hand held little thing so I can train her at other things too or I can buy one of those zone things to keep her out of the garbage or off counters. Works great. She never gets zapped anymore, she know what the initial tone means. Doodles are so smart.
So, let me get this right, you bought "their" system online or another system? And they will install it for $149? Will they show you how to use it?
The wire is .60 a foot which if you have a large yard can add up, but the install is $149. It took the guy about 4 hours to put mine in so I think it is worth it. The machine they use to trench rolls the wire into the ground and covers the wire all at the same time. You can have the trainer come out for $89 and they will show you how to train. It really isn't worth the money, I wish that I wouldn't have paid for it, but I had no idea how to begin training it. Then he came out and it was SO simple that I felt ripped off. It is easy enough to train on your own. I have the directions the trainer gives out from Invisible fence and would be happy to send them to anyone that needs them.
We have had Contain-A-Pet for a number of years and are very pleased with it. When we got our Doodles they were trained by the person who originally sold it to us. My understanding is that the "wire" for C-A-P is thicker than that of other companies. Mike
Can I ask how much something like this costs? We have a cottage on Georgian Bay and cannot possibly fence the property-so we were thinking of looking into this. .
We've gone ahead and contracted with Contain A Pet. So far I have been impressed with the company. They are dog trainers, first, who have purchased local franchises to sell the system. I checked a number of references and they all had glowing comments (similar to MikeS, above). We went with the Platinum Dog Plan that includes 7 training sessions, battery replacement program and as MikeS indicated, the heavier wire than it's competitor. They also pledge that they will beat any published price from the competition by $50. Our system will cost us $1150 for our 3/4 acre lot.
I don't know your budget but Innotek 5100 is available on line for about $350. It's Innotek's top of the line system. You can rent a trencher to lay the wire at a cost of about $50. With this system you get the hand held thing so you can use it at the park or whenever your with your dog away from home and they are off leash. It's just a reassurance for you that you've got control. Works really good. So for $400 you've got the whole thing. It's not hard to install. My husband did it in a couple hours.
Nico seems to be totally trained now in his new 'playground'. We were very pleased with Bob from Contain-a-Pet of Northeast Ohio. He focused entirely on Nico and not the correction he might get by getting close to the boundaries of the yard. Nico was a quick learner and seldom even ventures close to the perimeter now...even when his goldendoodle girlfriend, Zoey, walks by with her owner on an evening walk. He cries and jumps 7 feet into the air...but he doesn't violate the perimeter. We're pleased and proud! I highly recommend Contain A Pet if you are considering an electric fence option.
We have an invisible fence, not familiar with contain a pet. Having said that, I use it so that I can be off leash with Buddy in the yard as we are out so much ( I am retired). I never leave him out alone whether I am home or not, by himself. We live on two acres, a pond out back, and there is too much to get in trouble here, too many non-domesticated animals in the surrounding park, creek, golf course, etc. This week alone he "brought " me a dead baby bird and a toad :) It absolutely works to keep them in their yard safely and off leash. It is a spectacular way to work on recall...they go mess around, you call them, etc. Buddy doesnt like to be too far away from me anyway, so it works great for us. I gardened for hours yesterday and he "hung out" with me. I would not do this if I was inside or away. Good Luck!

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service