DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Hi Everyone
Just curious....how many of you started with one color Doodle and then he/she changed colors as they were older? Can you tell at any specific point?

Thanks!

Views: 716

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think color fading is a fairly common phenomenon in some breeds. Leo is fading from red to apricot and our Shih Tzu's coloring (tri-color) faded markedly from his puppy colors.
My second doodle changed from apricot to cream. My friends black doodle has silvered. You can see my younger one in the 18th picture in the furniture hoggers. You can also see pictures on my page. The picture next to my replies was taken before she was groomed for the first time. The apricot was cut off and I picked up a dog that looked like my first doodle. Boy, was I surprised! I realized that she had cream coming in, in places, but I was surprised at how totally her coat changed.
Both of my dogs have gone from a darker red to a lighter red around a year old or their 2nd to 3rd hair cuts. They say with Goldens, "Their ear coloring as puppies determines what color they will be when they grow up". Heard that on Dogs 101. Wouldn't it be nice if that were true for our Red Doodles.
Peri is 6 months and is getting an apricot line down her back - where here hair is becoming curlier and doodlier. It is matching her ears, which are darker than the rest of her. I heard that you can tell by the ears also, but this discussion makes me wonder if she will end up lightening up! Who knows!!
Camo is a mix of black/grey/light brown/white/wheat color now. When we first arrived at our house, he was more black but now just one month later, he is already showing more grey/wheat color, but his coat is shiny and healthy. We don't know what he looked like at a younger age but I think his color changed maybe partially due to a better diet and living environment.

Casey was a bit of a brindle when we got him, changed to pitch black shortly thereafter, and started to grey when he was about 6 months old. At this point, he's largely silver.

Oh my gosh, that's an adorable doodle!
What a cute dood!!
Barkley was much lighter up until his first grooming, when his puppy coat was cut off. At 8 months, he is now much curlier and more dark cream/apricot with lighter highlights.
Typically the puppy color is a mere "temporary" color...many doodles (not all) evolve into their true color over time. Many chocolates fade and turn into variations of latte, lavendar, or mocha. Many blacks fade into a silver or grey. Many reds fade into apricot.
Dexter went from apricot to cream/white. Kirby's coat has become really cool as he ages. He was much more tan when we got him (at 1 yr) and now he has some more blonde/red highlights than he did when we first got him.

Big Time! The pics are all Abby. She has lightened to a lovely cafe-au-lait color from a rich dark golden brown.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service