DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Anyone have a Doddle with digestive issues?

Views: 495

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Holly (four and a half years old) had digestive issues as a puppy and a young dog.

We fed her Nature's Variety Raw Beef Patties which she thrived on, but they were quite expensive.

Over the last year or so, we began to feed her Taste of the Wild, Pacific Stream kibble which doesn't seem to bother her tummy a bit.  

We flavor it with a mixture of London Broil, carrots, yams, brocolli  and sugar free pineapple; all cooked in a crock pot and procesed in a Cuisinart blender.  A couple of table spoons of this go over Holly's food.

ok so I just realized that I should be responding here and not on my wall...lol

Thank you for your response... we have kept Laci on a grain-free diet with some exceptions to rice and potato which she can stomach without any issues. Hopefully in a couple of days when we transition her back to her food she will be ok.

Laci is now 17 months, however when she was really little she would have very loose stools until we changed her to grain-free food with probiotics and added the Tripett to her kibble. Two days ago she started to vomit early in the am which was all undigested food. My husband with home with her that day and she just happened to have her annual visit scheduled with the vet. He told the vet about the vomiting but she was acting normal otherwise so they gave her a Rabied and Distemper shot. They said if she still is not feeling well after about an hour bring her back. So long story short she then received nausa shot and it worked for a couple of hours and then everytime she would drink she would vomit. At 10:30pm we decided to take her to the emergency vet. The said no obstructions and but she was really dehydrated so they kept her all night until the next day around 5pm. Today she is finally acting like herself but now I am afraid of getting her back on normal food. She did have a treat before this episode that maybe caused this but not sure. It was a natural chewy...or maybe the rabbit truffels in the backyard...no one is really sure

My Daisy came from the breeder with issues...whenever she pooped it looked like her kibble and then it became increasingly watery. After going to vet she had been diagnosed with worms and giardia she was treated and her poop still always looked like her kibble undigested....I finally decided to change her food and I changed to Taste Of The Wild (TOTW). I bought the Puppy double protein and I also bought the Pacific Stream cause I had read so many positive reviews about it. My dogs all eat the TOTW with double protein and Daisy has not had bowel problems from her food...But I do watch what treats she gets cause if she eats any that have grain she gets diarrhea and it takes a day to clear up....I have never owned a doodle before and I have never had a dog with stomach issues before. Good luck and your at the right place for all your questions. :)

Oliver always had very loose poops for a long time.  I switched his food to TOTW and he has been fine ever since.  I only feed Ollie grain free food and treats and/or limited ingriedent treats, that has worked for us.  He never had any serious throwing up issues but has vomited from time to time which I tribute to maybe eating a leaf or something from the yard.

Laci has also been know to eat find items in the yard so we try to keep an eye on her when she is in the backyard. I will keep the brand of food in mind in case she does not do well on her old food. Thanks!

Carrie, There is a ton of good information in the Food Group. Several Doodles that I know of have digestive issues and many owners home cook for their dogs. Lots of good discussions on this issue. Good luck!!

http://www.doodlekisses.com/group/thefoodgroup

Thank you! I love this web site!

Hi Roberta,

Laci is doing much better, however we are only feeding her chicken and rice as instructed by the vet for 5 days. We had a stool sample and it came back negative, however she is also known for eating rabbit poop. We will get her back on her normal food soon and hopefully she will transition well. Thank you so much for your input and time it is greatly appreciated!

So it seems that Laci was getting too much protein in her diet. She is on a grain-free diet but we need to make sure she is getting enough carbs. We give a grain-free kibble and we cook boiled potatos and chicken and she is now doing great. Thank you all for your support!

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service