DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

I was looking at the calendar today to mark when our new puppy would need his shots when I realized I have a problem. My Niece's birthday is September 17 and my puppy won't get his 12 week shots until a week later! Boarding him will not be an option and I can't leave him at home because they live 3 hours away in Lexington. I don't see that I have any other choice but to take him with us. They don't have a dog and if I don't take him anywhere but their house and back to the hotel, do you think it would be ok? Should I take puppy pads for him to stand on outside when he potty's? I don't know what else to do because I can't miss my Niece's birthday.

Views: 179

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yes, he will be okay to take. You will get lots of answers but just wanted to give you a quick reply.
Its fine to take him. Just stay away from areas that other dogs frequent...like dog parks or petsmart, and you will be fine.
Take him and enjoy the party!

I traveled 4 hours to Washington DC when Charlie was about 12 weeks also for the very same reason! It is OK. Take the puppy with you and enjoy the birthday party!! You would just have to make few stops for potty break, and watch out for car sickness. ( Charlie did not get car sick, but the puppies I transported for DRC did.)

I would be more worried about the hotel than your family's house. My dog was "fully vaccinated" late. I worry about over immunizing so I spread the shots out as far as my vet said was safe. We didn't go to pet stores, parks, groomers etc. But we walked all over our neighborhood.
I took my puppy out and about ,From the first day (10weeks old when I got her ) just didn't go to busy 'dog areas' like dog parks.
It sound vey safe at your sisters and motel.

Why not just have him vaccinated at another vet in the city you'll be staying? I do this all the time during the Christmas holiday - main reason is that it's cheaper - much. That way, puppy will get his shots and mommy won't have to worry. The receipt can be given to your current vet at home for an update on puppy's records.

On the potty thing, you can get poop bags with a dispenser at a pet store. I think I paid about $12 for mine at Petsmart. Just stick your hand in the bag, turn it inside out to pick up the poop, and reverse to tie and dispose.

Thanks but my puppy will not be 12 weeks old until a little over a week after we get back so he won't be due for his shots.  
Oh, sorry ... I misunderstood. I thought you meant the trip would delay your puppy's shots for a week.
No problem. Thanks for the advice about the poop bags!
Problem with that is he won't be due for his next shots until a little over a week after we get back.  Thanks for the 
I would take him! It would be a great place to socialize! Just be careful with them and confirm no other dogs are coming.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service