DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Holler back if anyone has done the DNA test for their dog. I am awaiting my dog's results in agony, it takes forever. Just thought I'd find out if anyone has done this and recieved interesting results.

Views: 597

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Francis is awaiting the results of her rescue, Johnny.
I know, i'm excited for her too! I bet we will find out our dogs results about the same time. Gosh that Clancy is so damn cute! Of course Ned is too! I just really like Clancys look and he is soo photogenic! He looks like he should be doing commercials or photo ops! He totally looks like the dog in the Travelers Insurance commercials.
While I think that I might find it interesting, I can't say that I'd be in "agony".  In what possible way could the results change anything.  You wouldn't love you dog more or less based on the outcome right?  So other than just curiosity I just don't get it. Is there some super compelling reason why this is so important?  Just trying to understand.
To me it just sounded like she meant "I am so curious, I can hardly stand it" when she said "agony" -- so just the agony of waiting for something you are super excited to learn about.  I don't think it was meant in any way that implied she would change her mind about her dog at all. That was my take on it.
Yes, exactly, this is how i thought my words sounded to! Thanks Adina! Sarcasm is hard to guage in text, so I don't mind the questioning at all.
Yes, you are right about the outcome not mattering. Well, for me it's like Frances said, this is like finding out the results of your ultrasound! Hehee. We just had a baby, so I remember the agony of having to wait 5 mos. I just love Huskins so much I want to know everything about him. It's not so much "what" he turns out to be, it's just knowing. The fact that we already love him no matter what is all over my comments on DK thus far! I could really care less if he's a labradoodle or not, I just want to know what makes him "Huskins". I might understand his needs, manner & behavior better. Now do you understand?
Hi Cheryl. Nancy is correct. I too am awaiting the results of Johnny's DNA swab. It should be here this week sometime, as per the company, but everyday I await for the email and nothing as of yet. I did the Wisdom Panel insights and they said two weeks. Like you I am very curious, but also very skeptical as I feel this has not really been perfected yet from all accounts. As Jane said, the results wont make  us love our boy any more or any less just be able to tell curious bystanders "oh yes, apparently he is a "so and so" as being a rescue, we really don't know what he is. Thank the Lord he was rescued as a "doodle" that's how we got him, but many, including my vet think PWD or poodle...so I guess, like you, we will just have to wait and see. Mind you, if the test comes back saying he has any German Shepherd in him...I really will know this is a total scam...ha ha. I'll post results when I hear back. Hope you do the same...
Frances - that is too funny - German Shepherd.  LOL  Everyone thinks Rooney is a PWD when his hair is long.
OK guys, i'm a duntz! what does PWD mean?
Cheryl, it is short for Portuguese Water Dog...but nobody knows how to spell "Portuguese" correctly...haha. That is what my vet thinks my Johnny is but they do not have docked tails and Johnny does...so that is why we are doing the DNA test...
Ohhh, yes! I get it! The Obama's have one I read. I think it is black too! I just looked up PWD pics and went to PWDCA website. They have eyes spaced further apart than LD's and their hair has that thicker and more poof texture. Johny has those traits. But he has got some serious curl from something. Standard Poodles have it and PWD's have it slightly. I really think he is Standard and PWD. He's a Pordoodle! Ok, let's get some bets going here, anyone else agree with me? Hehee! I mean this is exciting, any day we will find out for sure! You and I should be getting our results back very soon! Seems like we happened to send them in at the same time. Whats Johny up to today!
You are hillarious...I think you are right and he is a "pordoodle". Maybe we can start a new trend. Still nothing from the DNA test...I know you are feeling the same "pain" that I am going through as I am sooooooooo curious. Sadly though, my boy is not doing very good. He is home from the vet and off the dreaded IV fluids, but he is far from well and just lays around. He is too weak to even go on his daily twice daily walks and I feel so badly just taking Frankie Girl that I find myself skipping it and now she is sulking....Oh my...these furkids of mine are much worry. Anyway, I spoke with my vet at length last night and he said there is a chance that Johnny can go into kidney failure too with this and also become diabetic. This really is a rough go around for this boy after all he has been through. I just feel now that the poor lad was born with some really rotten genes and it is time he got a break. I'm not sure if you knew or not but prior to getting him, he had to have surgery for entropian, hernia repair and perforated ear drum...This was all after Doodle Rescue got him out of the pound after he was found running up the freeway. So he has sad stories to tell and I really hoped coming home to us would be the end of his hardship but alas, the boy is still suffering and trust me...so are we. Anyway, I will post as soon as I get the results but until then, hang in there and I will just go and kiss my darling Pordoodle for the 100th time today :)

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service