DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

There is an adorable black doodle in a shelter in Murray Utah.  Are there any DK members that might be able to facilitate a rescue?  This little guy is young and adorable.  You know how hard it is for the black ones to get adopted!

http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/23673802?mtf=1

Views: 377

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It's always the puppy's fault. What did they think a 7 month old retriever mix puppy with no training was going to do, lie on the sofa like a stuffed animal?

I'm glad to hear that he's safe; I hope they stick to the listing information and choose an adoptive family who has some experience with puppies, some time to train him, and no little kids.

Thanks for checking on him, Camilla.

He's a terrier/poodle mix according to the listing, which IMO is even worse for a young family. Hopefully they find someone capable of training dogs, and experienced in dealing with feisty breeds. :-)

Unless he was originally purchased by someone who got some kind of papers and brought them in with him, the breed mix is only a guess.

My last doodle of sorts was a terrier/poodle mix he looked a lot like this little guy. He was very energetic as a puppy. He is the dog that ended up being a biter, however we were stupid and only trained him ourselves. Every time I think of him I smile and wonder what he could have been had we had knowledge like we have for Daisy.

He was only $100 at adoption/rescue but he ended up being our $million dollar baby. LOVED HIM, he lived to be 15.

Peri is 3 years old and still jumps on people.  Come on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry I am in a mood today and this hit a nerve with me. Better the family went ahead and returned him I guess.

Hits a nerve with me every time I see it, Allyson. Your reaction was mild. There are dog people and there are non-dog people, and I wish the non-dog people would just stop getting puppies.

LIke button needed for this comment. Stop getting puppies.

He is priceless!

OMD...he is so darn cute. Camilla, Go get him and bring him to me :) It is not that far of a drive!!

Looks like a cutie.  How sad that he was returned for being a bit of a puppy.  Our first rescue, a chocolate lab, was returned TWICE before she met us for the same reason..- YES she was a handful, but was worth it!

I would love to come get this guy.  I am looking for a little brother to add to our home but Utah is a bit far from MA!  He will be taken by the time I could get there!  :-)  

Our Harriet is supposedly a poodle/terrier mix and while willful she is an absolute doll.  If we didn't already have too many dogs I'd want this cutie pie!  With black dogs being last on the list, and one failed adoption already, he may not have great luck.  And as most of you know - doodles are like potatoe chips and you can't have just one!

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service