DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Hi Everyone,

I've had my mini Australian labradoodle for about a month and she has yet to bark (she is almost a year old). Are there other doodles out there who rarely make noise? Emma used to whine by the door to go out but now just stands there quietly to be let out or taken for a walk. She's more on the calm side but loves playing with other pups and meeting new people. I just wonder if it is normal for her to be so quiet. Thanks for your advice!

Bella

Views: 147

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I wish I wish I wish I wish I wish........
I'm with Nancy on this one!!!!
Consider yourself LUCKY! LOL  Hunter didn't bark until she was about 10 months, maybe closer to a year.  Just whining like you said.  She has totally made up for it - not with people or strangers but at birds, deer, etc. Enjoy the peace I am sure the barking will come.
Mousse is an F1b goldendoodle, and he never barks either. The doorbell, animals outside, nothing. The only time he will is if he's outside and someone he doesn't know comes through the gate. And even then, it's only 2 or 3 barks. I personally love it. I didn't get a dog for protection, or to scare strangers, so his being quiet is great!

Darwin almost never barks. In fact, I didn't know what his adult voice sounded like for a very long time because he hadn't barked since he was a puppy. He yawns, sneezes, and even whines on rare occasions... but rarely barks. Maybe 1 time every month or so. I enjoy his silence, and so does everyone that is around him. I don't think it's abnormal or bad....

Hi,  I have a mini who didn't bark until she was 6 months old.  Now she barks at dogs when she wants to play, greets visitors with "play with me barking" and (unfortunately) barks at night at racoons and possums.  So, your mini may yet start to bark. Personally I would prefer a quieter dog and could especially do without the night time barking....Good luck!
Gavin doesn't bark much either.  He will  let out a couple of low "woofs" sometimes when he is in the back yard and a certain dog goes by, but never when a person approachs or someone comes to the door.  I prefer it that way.  Our breeder told us that one of her clients called her because their puppy was six months old and they had never once heard it bark.  Must be genetic.
Cooper isnt a barker. She never barked when she was little apart from when she saw herself in the mirror. Now she does bark a little when she hears a strange noise but then its just a single deep woof (shes 1 yr 8 months). She will occasionally bark when trying to get a dog to play with her, but she tends to wine instead
Callie is not a barker. I (or course) took her to the vet shortly after I got it because she's a rescue and I was worried that she'd been de-barked. The vet said her vocal cords were intact and that when she had something to say, she would. I've now had Callie nearly 2 years and I've heard her bark maybe 15 times, usually while playing or if she can see me but not get to me. I'm ALWAYS startled by it, because I just don't know her "voice"
Thanks so much for all of your comments. My quiet little Emma is so sweet and I'm very lucky to have her. I'm just used to dogs barking when they are excited, etc., and it is good to know there are lots of other quieter doodles out there. And like some of you mentioned, her bark will probably come. I know she used to bark at her breeder's home so she is probably on her best behavior for me. :)
Cooper didn't bark at all, until we left him with our Trainer when we went on vacation.  She was keeping 4 dogs at the time in her "Pet Hotel".   He learned to bark there and hasn't stopped since.  :-(
Maggie is not a barker either.  She does occasionally let out a little woof when she hears a strange noise.  On the other hand, KoKo barks all the time when she wants to go out, noise and well just about anything will set her off.  And, for such a young pup she has a deep loud bark.  You know when she's around....

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service