DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

I was browsing a breeder's website and saw that she is now breeding "Double Doodles."  Hmmm wonder what that is.  Well it's a "North American Retriever" crossed with a poodle.  Now I learned from this site last week (ever educational) that a North American Retriever is a lab/golden cross.  So is this a new trend?  What do people know abour this and what do people think?

Views: 3950

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Tammy, your F1 Goldendoodle is (your are correct) 1/2 Golden Retriever and 1/2 Poodle but the Labradoodle side is 1/4 Lab and 3/4 Poodle.

Not that the percentages really matter...sometimes one breed or the other is dominant, no matter what the numbers say! :o)

You might be able to get papers from the Continental Kennel Club, but the parents would need to be registered and the breeder would need to register the litter.

I don't know that registration is important for Doodles that are not breeders...

thanks for that information.  We are not planning to breed her so papers are not really that important to us, but when in conversation we talk about her  to family or friends they are surprised that we paid that much for an animal that doesn't have papers.

Oh, I could go into a discussion about papers. LOL (I've been burned by fraudulent papers filed with the AKC for a pure bred Poodle, and after proving, though the AKC's own DNA program, that my dog is from another line, the AKC refused to change the registration without the permission from the fraudulent breeder!)

Tell them that you bought the dog, not the papers.

Remember that papers are only indication of paid membership to a club...nothing more. But if that is important, ask the Continental Kennel Club how to go about registering your baby...I am sure you can.

Hi everyone, I thought that I'd revisit this topic because I have some great pictures of Double Doodles, taken this weekend.

http://secure.smilebox.com/ecom/openTheBox?sendevent=4d6a4d344e6a67...

And, for those who don't want to wait for the slideshow, I'll post a couple of their pics here.  Oooh! Sorry that they are so big!

Hi BruceGirl: 

I bred my F1-B labradoodle to a goldendoodle - thus I will have double doodles in July. 

I don't have this on my website yet, but soon.

I think it is fantastic - if you can get the temperment of the golden, the intelligence of a poodle and sportsmanship of a lab.....I think you have a breed that is like no other.  I have a double doodle myself, she is absolutely adorable!  Great temperment, no shedding and the stock build of the lab. 

Attachments:

Nancy -

Your website does not mention health testing or any guarantees.  These issues are important to any potential dog purchaser. 

Thanks for mentioning -- I did my own website and am happy I got up what I needed to get up -

I have been a nurse for thirty years and breeding labs and labradoodles for fifteen, but that website was a little different for me.

I am updating my web page and will make sure I add that to my page.  I agree with you, it is very important.  I do guarantee all and my pups are healthy and spoiled by seven weeks!  But, again, thank you so much for taking a look at my website and for mentioning something it is lacking in writing on my site.  I will make it better!!  Thanks again.....

I could not find your website. Can you repost it or send it to me. Do you still have dd?

Thanks

Debbie

I have an unconditional guarantee.  I have been breeding dogs for many years and would replace the puppy in a minute -

Thank goodness I have never ever sold a puppy that was not 150% 

Thanks, I did mention it on my website

My Trix is a Doule Doodle!  Her parents were both Double Doodles already - so I guess she's multi-generation Double Doodle.  I always feel a little silly when people ask me what type of dog she is ;)  I get lots of chuckles.

Oh sorry!  Just realised how old this thred is - either way, double doodles are awesome :)

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service