DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

My husband completely surprised me with an adorable 8 week old red goldendoodle! His name is Luke! His mom was a golden retriever that weighed 38lbs and dad was a stamdard poodle that weighed 50lbs. My husband said Luke wasn't the runt of the liter but, he was the smallest. His siblings were much larger than Luke. Luke weighed 6.2 lbs when he first brought him home. Now at 11 weeks, he weighs 8.6. Any idea how big he'll be when fully grown? I hope he'll stay on the smaller side but if not, I'll love him anyway!

Views: 352

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

With such a wide range if parental weight, he could be anywhere between or bigger. The rule of thumb is to take their weight at 16 weeks and double it and add 5-10 lbs.
Adina- I have heard that before(weight at 16 weeks x 2). Luke will be 16 weeks in 5 weeks! I hope he'll stay little. I hate that they grow so fast!

Congrats! The is a really small golden retriever--only 38 pounds! Wow! I have some pups at my house now that weigh about 8 pounds at the age of 6 weeks and I expect them to be 50 pounds or so---so you might be looking at 35-40 pounds....but it really is too early to tell--wait and use the 16 week rule Adina mentioned--it is not always right but generally is.

congrats to you! i got midas at 7 weeks.. he was abput 10 lbs...hes now 11 months and is 80 lbs! lol hope that helps xoxo

He is so cute! Congrats!!

Willow also had a small retriever mama. She was 8 lbs at 8 weeks, and always had a small, slender frame. She is currently almost 7 months old and 41 lbs. 

I was also concerned about size. I thought "Oh man, a 55-65 lbs dog running around my tiny house!".. But if Willow's height stays about the same and she adds about  10 or more pounds, she is really not that big, and can easily snuggle into my lap.

I was watching my sisters older lab/sled dog mix the other weekend. He is old, and I had to help him into the car. He is a couple inches shorter than Willow, but he is about 75 lbs. I could barely lift his back end! And even he doesn't have a "big dog" look to him.

http://www.dreamydoodles.com/2011/01/24/puppy-growth-chart-how-big-...

I found this growth chart and thought it was interesting.  enjoy!

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service