DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

We are finally running out of Nutro and I am trying to decide which food to move onto next. Bodhi's poop has been really soft and yellow and I am hoping it is just the Nutro. Does anyone have any opinions on whether to switch to TOTW or Fromm? He seems to like the Fromm when I gave him a sample tast of it. What are your experiences??

Views: 394

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Katie, check out the Food Group.  there have been a lot of discussion on these two foods and both are on the recommended food lists.  I know that TOTW is grain free (that is the brand that we feed), but I'm not sure about Fromm, though I know that a lot of dogs like Fromm.  

http://www.doodlekisses.com/group/thefoodgroup/forum/topics/recomme...

I second the suggestion to join the Food Group.

Fromm comes in healthy grain and grain-free formulas; TotW is grain-free formulas only.

A lot of dogs do seem to like the taste of Fromm, so if he likes it then you may have found the one to get!

Yes, please do check out the Food Group for complete info on both foods.

TOTW and Fromm are both on our Recommended Brands list, both good reliable brands. Lots of FG members are feeding these brands and are happy with them. It's hard to know ahead of time what may work better for your dog.

TOTW is grain-free only. Fromm has many formulas, four of them in the Four Star line are grain-free. You are currently feeding a food containing grains, so switching to grain-free is one consideration.

You might email the companies and ask for samples. I know Fromm will send them. There are links to the company websites in our Recommended Brands list on the main page of the FG. 

Daisy eats Acana Pacific (one step down from Orijen cause she did not like it). I have no experience with anything else. Daisy's poops are firm and small so we love it.

We feed our 2 doods TOTW....never fed them anything different so I don't have much to compare it to, but we love it.  It keeps them regular, they like it, and so far so good with weight control....I guess it is a little pricey, but it's supposed to be great food.  =)  

In regard to their poop (LOL)  it is firm and easy to pick up..I should say Seamus' poop is....Stella likes to spread her poop around the yard by squatting in about 5 different places every time she goes out LOL that's my girl...the food has never given them diarrhea or anything like that.  

Whatever you get should be switched over to gradually so get it soon before the Nutro is all gone! I like Wellness food but I also give my doodles a tablespoon of pure pumpkin (from a can) with every meal and that helps with firmness of the stool.

Both are on the food group's list of great foods.  It is more availability in your area and what works best for Bodhi.  I happen to feed my dogs TOTW, which is grain-free.  Fromm is not readily available in my area.

Oliver was on Neutro and always had loose poops and tummy problems.  I switched him to TOTW, and he is totally grain free.  He loves TOTW  and does so well on it, his poops are awesome too - LOL.  Sasha was on Wellness and did great, she has never had any issues and has a stomach of iron.  I gave her a little sample of Formm which she really liked so I switched her to Formm.

Check out the Food Group, there is lots of great information.  When I had Ollie on Neutro I mistakenly thought it was on the approved list but it was not so I immediately switched him. 

I know what you are going thru :(

I fed my dogs Nutro until the oldest developed EPI (exocrine pancreatic insufficiency).  Even with added enzymes he could not digest the food.  With EPI grains are not digested well so I switched them all to TOTW.  He has done 100% better and all the other dogs love the food.  All poops are firm and well formed, I should have switched long ago.

I think I want to go with the Fromm unless someone has a reason I shouldn't. I was originally going to switch to California Natural because it has been suggested to me on multiple occasions but for some reason I feel like Bodhi deserves the best. Such a hard decision!!!

Fromm is a good food and a lot of people swear by it.  I would say go for it!

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service