DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Charli eats her dinner in 2.5 seconds flat! Well, not really that fast but pretty darn close. Sometimes she eats so fast or drinks water so fast that when she burps she vomits. I am also afraid of bloat. I have been on a quest for something to slow her down other than my hand feeding her. I found that something today.

Dinner tonight took Charli app. 7 minutes to eat!  I actually heard her chew kibble! I know, it was only 1 dinner but so far I am impressed.

Does anyone else use this? Any other suggestions?

Views: 64

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I don't have one but I have heard of placing a big rock in the middle of the bowl. Is it made like it has a big rock in the center?

Starlit doesn't gulp but she steps right in the bowl, knocks it over, then eats off the floor. I do not think the make something for our issue :(

Hell, I should just pour the food right on the floor and skip the bowl.
I've seen them before, but my girls don't seem to have that problem so I've never tried it. I do use the food bowl that is made to to the same thing (it has dividers in it) as their water bowl to keep Sophie from swimming in the water bowl. You could also try using treat toys and just feed her with one of those for variety!
Rosco is a 2 sec eater too...but he's not smart enough to take the toys/bones/kongs out of his bowl so I just plop those on top of his food and it slows him down. Does that big metal ball move?
I read that putting a piece of large link chain in the food bowl works. I think that it works on the same principle, the dog having to eat around it.
Jo, Charli loves rocks - no matter the size!

Adina - This is made out of stainless steel, dishwasher safe. So far, she hasn't figured out she can push the PP out of the center of the bowl. She just walked around her bowl to eat! Only time will tell if she figures it out.

S - I saw the bowls with the lumps in it, I didn't like that the bowl was so huge. And being the nut I am, I want their bowls to be the same - I keep 3 on the floor in the kitchen. I know, crazy but what can I say??? It took me 25 years in this house to finally get a new kitchen.

Andy, the principal is the same. I just feel better that I can wash the PP with soap and water and since it is stainless steel, it wont rust unless the girls decide that this is a great new ball to play with!
There are quite a few of these types of bowls out there. I was looking at them when Tucker was a pup. We use to call him the vacuum cleaner. He grew out of it and now eats nice and slow. Let us know if the bowl works!
http://www.shopwiki.com/Eat+Slow+Dog+Food+Bowl
Adrianne, We have two gdoodles. One eats very slowly and picks at his food & the other gulps it down in seconds and moves over to the other doods bowl because he knows he can finish his off. We bought this bowl a few months ago and it has worked very well. Now my super fast gulper has been slowed down enough that he finishes about the same time as the slow finiky eater. I am a big fan of the divided bowls.
http://www.amazon.com/Skid-Stop-Slow-Feed-Bowl/dp/B00251EPL2/ref=sr...
This is the bowl that we use for a water bowl!
That looks interesting. Dexter is a big time food gulper. We put a large toy in the middle of his bowl and it slows him down a lot. Luckily the silly doodle hasn't figured out he could just remove the toy and eat faster :)
I think it's hilarious that they haven't figured it out (same with Rosco!)
For such smart Dood who takes every toy out of her toy bin to get to the one she wants she didn't even think of moving the ball. It will be very interesting to see how long its - if ever!!!
I have one!!!!! It's totally useless to us as Allie isn't a gulper... not sure why my Husband purchased it in the first place.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service