DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

I just called Merial which is the company that produces Frontline plus....they do NOT sell to Costco or Dr Foster and Smith according to her.

She told me it is the policy of the company to only sell to vets...... They told me they are aware that Costco and other companies sell Frontline and it is not illegal because you don't need a prescription for it but they don't sell it to them...I asked where they got it from and she told me she was not allowed to comment and or speculate where they got it from.

Everyone has to make their own choice.....when I am well enough I will return my Frontline to Costco and buy from my VEt.

So thankful for this group more and more because I never would have known ....there's a reasonable chance it can be the real Frontline but even if there was only a 99.9 percent chance it was it wouldn't be good enough for me...

Views: 874

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

:)

We use Advantix II and buy from Petmeds. Hope that is legit!

I don't know, you would have to call Advantix company and see if they sell to Petmeds or if Petmeds is diverting ….. 

I was just thinking the exact same thing We use Advantage.
Omg...I just bought a 3 month supply from chewy.com....thanks for letting us know. I would have never guessed that they were not authorized to sell this product.

This reminds me of the early days in the home computer market and the IBM PC. \

You could not be an "authorized" IBM dealer unless you bought 100's of PC a month.  No authorized dealer could possibly sell all the computers they were required to buy.  IBM would not sell to the stores that heavily discounted computers (if any one remembers 47th Street Photo or Crazy Eddies).  Also the authorized dealers could not sell directly to the discounters so the discounters used third parties to buy from the authorized dealers - everyone made money.  IBM knew exactly what was happening but wanted to sell computers.

I just re-read this post, and Merial customer service told me several years ago that they do sell to Foster & Smith, as I mentioned in the previous discussion. She said they only sell to veterinarians, and that F & S has licensed vets on staff. Perhaps that has changed, though.

I know you said that Karen...that is why I specifically asked about them....I spoke to two different people and they said the same thing...I don't know maybe it changed or maybe they were misinformed....

They didn't say they were not an authorized dealer...they said they didn't sell their product to anyone but a vet that had a relationship with their clients ...

I don't know. I know they said that to you....hmmmmm

Yes, selling only to vets who have a relationship with their clients is the company's stated policy. 

I'm glad I stopped buying from F & S. 

Me too!!!!! I will gladly pay the extra dollars to be sure they are getting the real dea
My vet sells these products for equal or less than retail - Petmeds, Petco, online retailers, etc .
We purchase a six-month supply and get the seventh free.

If you (DK members) are getting charged more at the vet let them know. Tell them you want to purchase the products from them. Also, the drug companies often have coupons for these products that are accepted at vet offices.
Prices are often negotiable you just have to ask

My vet also offers a "buy 6, get the 7th free", and if you buy a 12 month supply, you get 2 free. Plus they often have manufacturer's rebate forms to mail in & get money back.  

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service