DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Chance is SO lazy. It has been a little better since we got our mini, but Chance is still just lazy and is getting fat. Any suggestions, ideas to get him moving, besides the obvious walking (which we do)

Views: 1045

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Dexter and Kirby have become so much more lazy since they turned 3. Dex has also packed on a few pounds.

We play a lot of indoor fetch now that the weather is crappy. My husband and I will also play keep away (we sit on opposite ends of the room and try to keep a toy away from the doodles).
Oh, lazy sounds so good to me right now. I feel as though I spend half my life trying to keep Guinness amused so he doesn't get into trouble. He's really fun and full of life, but I have my days when I could really be so happy with a lazy dog.
How old is Guinness?
He's nine months....
Lazy - mmmmm.....I can't wait for Toby to be lazy. 16 months is too soon, I guess, because he's not lazy yet. :)
Chance did not become lazy until about 3 years old.
Do you just walk around the burbs or do you go hiking in nature? My two burn a lot of calories in the woods chasing critters and running from smell to smell. Might be an idea to go to a conservation area on a day off for a long hike.
Lucy will be 4 in April and she has really calmed down. I wouldn't call it lazy, she still has alot of energy, but not "crazy" energy like she used to. I would constantly ask owners of older dogs that were calmer how long it took for them to get that way and the answer was most always 3 - 4 years. I thought it would never come.
My goldendoodle isn't even a year old and he's already lazy. If he runs around too much at the dog park he's zonked out for hours and usually lays down before we even leave the park. We don't take him on walks anymore because he can't make it the whole time and when he was smaller we'd end up carrying him. Now that he's in the 70 pound range this isn't an option so we rely on the dog park and training sessions for his exercise. If he's this lazy now I can't even imagine 4+ years. I'm interested in suggestions too.
It's sad isn't it. Old and lazy before their time. I mean they're in the prime of their lives! What is it with these pups. I wish a little of Dustin's laziness would rub off on Fenway and a little of Fen's energy would rub off on Dustin. Then I'd have two perfect energy level dogs.
Halas is just over 2 years old, and I think he's pretty lazy. I need to work on his endurance for flyball. He usually gets 3 separate short practice sessions on Thursday night, and a couple of weeks ago, he stopped in the middle of the 2nd one, and we had to convince him to continue. He started strong again in his 3rd session, but then just quit. Nothing could convince him to continue. He just sat and stared at us. It was clear there would be no more running and jumping that night.
Kramer is over 5, and I don't see any laziness at all. He seems to always be ready to go. He has more energy than my ALD that is only 2 1/2.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service