DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Hello Again!

Does anyone have any recommendations for good quality rawhide alternatives? I have been reading about rawhide and know about the dangers. (toxins, choking, sommonela, etc..)  I would prefer not to give her bully sticks because of the smell and some other reasons.. I have seen these dental things called "Whimzies" at PetSmart and Petco and was wondering how long they last, and are they good for them? Long-lasting chewy things keep her busy and out of the garbage can ;)

Also, are there any good brands in Pet Stores?

Thanks! :^)

Views: 542

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Just wanted to mention our experience with Benebone, nylabones, etc.  and other chews like this... while this may be fine for some dogs, if your dog is a super power chewer  I would be very careful about giving anything like this.. we have a super power chewer that has broke and cracked teeth from these....if your dog is the type that will just "gently" knaw on it, you might be OK, just keep an eye on it. Definitely supervise. We mix some sliced banana in with plain yogurt, add some of his kibble, and place a spoonful in each end of a kong and freeze it. 

I agree, Debbie, as we have had two broken molars in our canine family. In fact, Nylabones were among the stay-away-from-these warnings posted in our dogs' dentist's office.  

Our vet also gives strict warnings against these. That is why we only use the kongs now,  we have not found anything that would be considered safe for Toby.

Today we went to the pet store and got Bella a different chew from Himalayan dog chews. (we went to the store for a different reason) It is called RuffRoots. They are a roots from Spain and they are completely natural. I love them so far!

Thank You for all your help and recommendations! I will try a bunch of different stuff when this chew is done, to keep her busy!

We use elk antlers (not the ones that are sliced in half length wise). They are expensive but last a long time. They are a little cheaper if you order them from chewy.com vs in store.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service