DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

I hate coming in here to write this post, because it's too sad and feels like the end of an era. 

Yesterday we said goodbye to Rosco.  Rosco who was the doodle inspiration behind DK. 

Rosco, *my* first dog.  

I don't really want to write a long memoir.  His story is interspersed all over DK.  

This was a short walk we took over Christmas break.  He didn't have much energy, but he seemed to be up a lot at night, and this was my attempt to get him "tired enough."  

When my youngest was a baby, I took photos of him with Rosco, month-by-month.  

We did that again on Rosco's last day.

One of my favorite photos of him is of the day I picked him up at the breeder's... Giant pup with the face of Andy Rooney.  He was mellow as can be, but turned into Jaws at random hours of the day.  Wasn't fully potty trained (i.e. had accidents) until he was nearly a year and even then you couldn't leave him too long ... for years!  I'm convinced his bladder was the size of a grape for years.

Rest in peace, my sweet boy.  You were a GOOD dog.

Views: 645

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Oh Adina, my heart breaks for you. Sending prayers of comfort and peace your way. Thank you for sharing your beautiful Rosco with us.

Yes, it is the end of an era, and the tears that are being shed for your boy all over North America and even overseas would fill an ocean. Rosco belonged to us too, in so many ways. His legacy is right here for all to see, and it's also in all of our hearts. We grieve with you, and we will always remember him with love. 
Fly free, sweet Rosco. You were indeed a very good dog. Say hi to JD when you see him at the Bridge. We miss you both more than words can say.

Beneath a cherry tree, where, in its proper season

The cherry strews petals on the green lawn of his grave,

Or beneath any flowering shrub.

Beneath such a tree or shrub he slept, or lifted his head to challenge some intruder.

These are good places, in life or in death.

Yet it is a small matter,

For if the dog be well-remembered,

If sometimes he leaps through your dreams, actual as in life,

Eyes kindling, laughing, begging,

It matters not at all where that dog sleeps.

On a hill where the wind blows, the trees roaring,

Or beside a stream he knew in puppy hood,

Or in the flatness of a pasture lane where cattle grazed,

Is all one to the dog,

And all one to you.

Nothing is gained and nothing is lost if memory lives.

But… there is a place to bury a dog.

If you bury him in this spot he will come to you when you call;

Come to you over the grim, dim frontiers of death,

And down the well-remembered path to your side again.

Another dog will not resent his coming, for he belongs there.

People may scoff at you who see no slightest blade of grass bent by his footfall,

Who hear no whimper;

People who never really loved a dog.

Smile at them, for you shall know something that is hidden from them,

Something well worth the knowing…

The one best place to bury a dog is in the heart of his master.

Hugs to you, dear Adina. 

So sorry for your loss, Adina.

My thoughts and prayers are with you. Your dog is part of your family . And it much be a very difficult for you

I’m so sorry for your loss, Adina.  When I first got Cocoa I eagerly read your posts about Rosco- they were very reassuring that my wild pup could become a fabulous dog. Rosco was a beauty- inside and out.

I'm so sorry Adina.  Goodbye sweet boy.

I am so sorry to hear this news Adina. Rest In Peace sweet boy.

I'm crying tears for you and your family because no matter the situation, it is so hard to let them go.

I am so sorry for your loss. Hugs to you and your family. 

I'm so very sorry to hear about Rosco, the original DK doodle. My heart is breaking for you guys. Big hugs. 

I am so sorry to hear this. Keeping you and the family in our prayers. 

Tears run down my face for you as I type this.  Roscoe is fine, but your heart aches.  Know that Roscoe had all a dog ever wants, love, shelter, food.  These pictures are an excellent tribute to him.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service