DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Hello All!

Well, I got through my first afternoon and night with Bo.  What a good, good boy he is!! I picked him up at 4:00 and he didn't make a peep or a whimper on the ride home.  Of course he hates the collar and leash but other than that, he's been good as gold.

The breeder warned me that he might be too nervous to eat but he ate like a champ!  No problem there.  He pooped and peed outside although I must say he didn't poop for 2 hours after eating.  He's got iron bowels :-)). 

We went to bed at 11:00 and he went right in his crate.  He whimpered for about 30 seconds and then fell asleep.  He woke up at 1:00 and I took him out to pee and right back in the crate.  He slept until 7:00 this morning!!

I have to say I am completely EXHAUSTED.  It's like having a baby again but at 59, it's MUCH harder!! 

He's also a big boy already.  If I had to guess I'd say he's already 12 pounds.  Doesn't sound like a lot except when you're lugging it around.  The breeder had guessed he'd be about 40 pounds full grown.  Me thinks he might be closer to 50 at this rate.  We'll see....

He is a total love bug.  Very cuddly and sweet. He follows me everywhere and doesn't want me out of his site.  Almost tripped over him once but only once.  Amazing how quickly you adapt.

I have tried posting pictures but every time I try to choose a photo from my photo library, my computer freezes up!  I have tried it 4 times and there's something wrong.  I've never had this problem before so I may have to have my tech guy at work take a look at it.  I want so badly for you to see how he's grown and how dang cute he is, but until I figure out what's wrong, no can do.

Now, I'm going to take a little rest.  Bo is sleeping in his crate and mommy is going to close her eyes too! I'll keep you posted......

Views: 34

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

thanks for the update!!! He sounds adorable...Lola still follows us around like a puppy (she's almost 4!!), and we trip over her constantly!!! Can't wait to see pictures!
Congratulations!  What fun and exhaustion too =)  Luckily this kind of new mommyhood shouldn't last in sleepless nights for NEARLY as long.  As to photos...can you get them on your page and just not into here or is it a problem in both places?  Are you using IE or Firefox for your browser?  If you can get them onto your page you can get them on here USING the photos on your page =)
Adina, I can't even get the photos in my page.  What's funny though is that I can attach them to emails to friends but when I try to choose them to post on my Doodle Kisses page, my computer freezes up.  This has never happened here before.  I have a Mac and use Safari but I'll try Firefox and see if it makes a difference.
Has it always been this way?  I see you were able to add a second discussion to include photos--you can actually just "edit" this one by clicking on Options at the top of your discussion...then "edit" then just put the photos into your original post here.  Also if you use the second button to the left above where you type stuff (it looks like a miniature bluish photo) and select the photo from your computer that way then they are included in your post rather than as attachments at the bottom.

Hi Connie

I can relate....we have a 11 week old puppy (and 2 other doods!), and I totally relate to getting a few winks while you can.  It is tiring, yes, but oh, so worth it! Can't wait to see pics....:)

I can't wait for you to figure out the technical issues....all of us Doodle Mommy's with doodle toddlers, teens and adults live vicariously through new Doodle moms, at least I do. It keeps me from doing something silly (if you know what i mean). Have a great day.
What a good boy you have!!! Can't wait to see those photos-hope you can work out the glitches soon!!
Sounds like Bo knew right away that he had arrived home!  You must be having sweet dreams!  Can't wait to see his up-to-date pics.  Lisa's right...a lot of us live to see others' sweet new babies.  :) 
Sounds like a super start.  You might try using your photo program and saving the photo you like as an e-mail to send later.  I save e-mails at 200 kb.  Then go to your documents file, click on e-mail, the date, and do photo attachment from the image link.  Here, I will attach an e-mail.  Just something to try.  I just picked anything so you got a photo of my husband's wood exhibit.
Sounds like you are doing a great job!!! Welcome Home Bo!!
Awww - Connie - I'm so happy for you that he is being such a good boy!  I told you he would bond without trouble - you are his world right now!!!  Get some rest.
Wow, it sounds like it went very well! Can't wait to see those pictures...

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service