DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Yesterday we lost our 11 month old doodle, River, to septic shock. She ate an item of clothing, and it put multiple holes in her small intestine. Long story short, she never cried or showed signs of being in pain, we had no idea she had gotten ahold of a sock. At first all her blood work and stool samples came back negative for any kind of infection, but two days later it was clear we were losing her. She died yesterday on the operating table.

I am so heartbroken. I feel like I've lost a part of me. She was such a part of our family, she did everything with us, and followed me everywhere. She didn't even get to live a long life. I am aching inside.

Views: 2209

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm so sorry to hear this. What a heartbreak.

Oh my godness..... I am so sorry to hear about this.....I cannot believe that the doctor did not figure out that she had blockage..... I am deeply sorry for your loss....

I don't blame the vet. He did a check of her tummy, and showed no signs of a blockage. She never winced or cried when he pressed on her. It was my decision (and believe me I blame myself), to wait a day to see if the anti-nausea medication is what she needed. I thought she had eaten something that upset her stomach. The vet said that even if he had operated 24 hours earlier she would have died, most likely. The fact she never showed signs of pain or sickness meant that the infection had been developing way longer than we knew. It was too late anyway. He's a good Dr. 

Thank you for your kind words. 

So sad...... It is not your fault. Please do not blame yourself.......you dd the best you can for her.....Prayer for you and your family....

Oh Melissa,  I am so sorry to hear about River.  My heart aches for you.  I am so sorry for your loss.

So sad to hear and so very sorry for your loss.... : (
I'm so sorry for your loss. Rest in peace, River.

I am so sorry for your loss!! This is just so sad!

My heart is breaking for you. I am so sorry

I'm so sorry for your loss. There is no reason to blame yourself for this. How could you have known? I cannot imagine how hard this must be. My heart breaks for you. Hope you can find some peace soon. You did all you can. :-(

Oh my gosh, I am so, so sorry. I am thinking of you and your family....

Melissa, I'm deeply sorry to hear this and my heart hurts for you.  Sometimes the best angels can't stay long.  Hugs and prayers.  

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service