DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Yesterday we lost our 11 month old doodle, River, to septic shock. She ate an item of clothing, and it put multiple holes in her small intestine. Long story short, she never cried or showed signs of being in pain, we had no idea she had gotten ahold of a sock. At first all her blood work and stool samples came back negative for any kind of infection, but two days later it was clear we were losing her. She died yesterday on the operating table.

I am so heartbroken. I feel like I've lost a part of me. She was such a part of our family, she did everything with us, and followed me everywhere. She didn't even get to live a long life. I am aching inside.

Views: 2209

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am so sorry.  My thoughts are with you & your family.

Please do not blame yourself

Thoughts are with you...

I am so very sorry for your loss.  May your memories bring you comfort through this difficult time...blessings to you.

I'm so sorry for your loss..... she is in your heart and memories for always.

This is terrible.  I am so very sorry for your loss. 

I am so sorry to hear of your loss… :(

So sorry to hear about the sudden loss of your beloved River. Sending hugs and prayers to you and your family.
I'm so very sorry for your loss! Some times things happen that rip our heart apart, and we start second guessing our response to it. You took River to the vet and did what you thought was best for her. Will keep you and your family in my prayers.
I am so so very sorry for you loss, my heart is aching for you and your family.

This breaks my heart :(    I'm so sorry for you and your family's loss.   

My sincerest sympathies go out to you and your family. My heart breaks for your loss.

This is devastating news. I am so very sorry for you. I pray that you are comforted by the love you shared for her short life.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service