DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Hello Doodle Lovers,

I am kind of worried about my dogs weight/height. My boyfriend went out on a whim and bought her from a pet store and surprised me with her despite my research from almost a year to get her from a certain breeder! The pet store told him that she will be a standard size doodle as her mom was a golden retriever and her dad a standard poodle. When we got her at 12 weeks, she only weighed 6 lbs. Now she is up to 15 lbs and 14 weeks old. I've been reading others posts and it seems their doodles weigh a lot by now. Am I worried for nothing? Please advise!

Views: 528

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I caught that, too, Ro.

AKC registration means nothing, as any dog whose parents are both the same breed can be registered with the AKC, including puppy mill dogs. You pay a fee for that. It's a gimmick that many mills and BYBs use to try to impress uneducated buyers.

But a mixed breed dog cannot be AKC registered. There are no doodles who are AKC registered.

The AKC only offers registration for purebreds, and only for those breeds that they "recognize". 

Perhaps they said that the puppy's parents were AKC registered. 

This is the email I got yesterday. Is this a hoax then? Or is she just "listed" as an AKC breed and not actually "registered".

This is for the AKC mixed breed listing registry, for dogs who are going to compete in those AKC events for which they are eligible. It's basically a way for the AKC to make more money. It has nothing to do with being an AKC registered breed.

https://classic.akc.org/mixedbreeds/listing_info.cfm

THANK YOU SO MUCH for this clarification. This makes more sense to me. Okay so everything they told us is a complete lie and I fell for all of it.

Well, now I know. Thank you again Karen! :)

http://images.akc.org/pdf/mixedBreed/faqs_clubs.pdf

That "M" in the registration number stands for "mixed breed".

Rosemary, am I mistaken isnt that a total blatant lie? ...Goldendoodles are not AKC dogs? I thought if anything they could only be CKC dogs?

just saw that Karen responded and that is what I thought!

Is she AKC registered, or her parents? Last I heard, Goldendoodles are not a recognized breed by the AKC. Has this changed? Anyone?

Sue, the Email I got is above this post. I am not sure what is going on now to be honest. Supposedly her parents are both AKC registered and they told me that they just started recognizing GoldenDoodles as breeds. I did check the website and Goldendoodles are in fact not on the list.

NO. They are not an AKC recognized breed. And you can bet the ranch on that. 

My standard Quincy was 13 lbs at 12 weeks when we got him. He grew to 63 lbs at a year. 

Well now I'm even MOREEEE confused :(

The AKC People called and said they just started recognizing Goldendoodles as a breed. Am I really that gullible? They sent paperwork and she has an AKC registration number and what not. I did not pay anything for it.

I feel so naive right now..

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service