DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

One of the most common comments I hear from people is........my husband just doesn't like the idea of having a poodle! Or, I just don't want curly hair because I don't want it to look like a poodle! But all of us Doodle lovers out there know that the secret ingredient in the Doodle is a Poodle. What I mean is this.....part of the reason doodles are such great family dogs is because of the poodle in them........I offer the following experience.

We were headed out of town for the weekend and in a hurry to get away. Low and behold we got behind a school bus bringing children home from school. Of course it was stop and go, stop and go and we were about to pull our hair out! Then I saw something that made me happy we had gotten behind that bus! I glanced over to the right and saw a beautiful silver Standard Poodle standing at the curb. I first I thought, "Oh no! Someone lost their poodle!" then I saw the bus pull to a stop right in front of her. I watched the poodle stand there, ears perked up, tail up, and watching the door to the bus. The door opened and children piled out. Then she saw them, her kids! Her tail wagged a mile a minuet and she bounced in the air as only a poodle or doodle can do! Then she turned and headed for her house, watching over her shoulder to make sure "her kids" were following her. It brought tears to my eyes and I thought.......if only more people could see this, they would think poodles are awsome! There you have it.......the secret ingredient! Everyone knows that retrievers are great family dogs and I hope that they soon will know that poodles are too! No wonder Doodles are the best dogs in the world!! LOL!!

Views: 77

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!! THAT IS SUCH A CUTE STORY!!!!!!!
That is so sweet!
I love the poodle genes in Holly. Poodles are great dogs and before they were taken over by the French aristocracy and given those stupid (sorry folks - that's how I consider them) haircuts, they were great hunting dogs and super retrievers.

We consider our Holly as a perfect dog. She has combined the genes of both her Golden Retriever mom, Misty, and Standard Poodle dad, Rocky, into a rich mixture bubbling with intelligence, fun and love.
Thanks for the comment Richard! Nice to hear a man's point of veiw! My husband has learned to really enjoy our poodle! In fact, Dorrito is really his dog! Shhhhhhhh! Don't tell anyone! LOL!
Hate the stupid haircuts! Love the Poodle!

Since we got Seamus, I now see what it is that makes Caeleach so special.

To appease my husband (and my sensibilities) we are letting his face grow out and will keep him looking Doodly, rather than Poodly.

Yes, I think that the Poodle is a great dog for kids!
Poodles are loyal, proud and beautiful. The foo-foo haircut of the Dog Show crowd is what gives them the bad rap. My std Poodle got a puppy cut or summer cut every 5 weeks of her life and never looked like that or acted like that. People were amazed at how great she was with my boys, how she watched over them when they were in the pool and never had to be walked on a leash to walk beside me. It's the poodle in our doodles that makes them so smart!
I'm glad you mentioned the "bounce"! Gaston-Cramer is a Goldendoodle but his gate is so unique! I'm glad to hear it came from his Standard Poodle Mom. What a hoot it is! He just prances!

I too am glad to see a thread going about the poodle's contributions. It's not just the low/no shed factor. If that was the case there would be tons of other breeds to mix the labs/goldens with. I'm looking forward to hearing more about the "oodle" in our doodles :)
How cute!
That is so cute...my chocolate ALWAYS stands up on her hind legs when we get home - so I know exactly what you saw - I totally agree - great story and thanks for sharing!
That is a great story! Thanks so much for sharing :)

Personally, I think that it's the poodle in my doodle that makes him such a goof-ball. The golden retriever in him just wants to please us & be part of our pack while the poodle makes him smart, playful, bouncy, & silly, LOL
I love the saying, "it's the poodle in my doodle".
THANK YOU ALL FOR SHARING YOUR "SECRET INGREDIENT" COMMENTS!! I AM ENJOYING THEM SO MUCH!

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service