DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

I originally posted this as a blog this morning, but I've just heard that Adina may be tied up so this likely wouldn't get approved today...so I'm going to post it as a discussion even though it kind of "breaks the rules"

This is Murphy's sixth birthday....and it has been quite a ride. For some of you who were part of DK "back in the day", you may be remembering when I blogged about wanting to get a "little sister" for Guinness. I had visions of a sweet little fluffy girl that I would rescue and present to Guinness. I had no doubt that she would "complete Guinness". I found a little mixed breed on Petfinder and fell in love....sadly she went to some other home that I'm pretty sure wasn't as good as the home we would give her...but that's the way it goes. So I was sad....really sad. Then one Friday night the phone rang and my good friends Karen and Jacquie at DRC had a puppy for me. He was only 10 weeks and his people had to give him up because the Mom had a terrible allergic reaction. When I saw his picture and heard that his name was Murphy I was already in love, but I did have to verify that he would be a mini or medium Doodle. We live in a condo with restrictions (plus we're kind of "old" so a big dog wouldn't be a great idea). Anyway that would not be an issue since the vet said he would be a medium (he weighs 70 pounds...LOL). So off we went to NJ where he was living with his foster family to pick up our "new baby". He was SO DARN CUTE....there was no doubt that I would love him forever. Well I could go on and on about the challenges that Murph brings to our lives, but it really is inconsequential. Actually because the two of us have had to work so hard together I think he has helped me in so many ways and enriched my life. I am ever grateful to DRC for bringing him to us....this is where he was meant to be. I'm reading a book called Dog Medicine and there's a quote by Eckhart Tolle that made me think of Murph and me... "The vital function that pets fulfill in this world hasn't been fully recognized. They keep millions of people sane. When you pet a dog or listen to a cat purring, thinking may subside for a moment and a space of stillness arises within you, a doorway into Being." There are times when Guinness wants to give his brother back, but in reality they are truly bonded. They understand each other and hate to be separated. I wish Murph could have a Birthday dinner...but with his IBD that's not in the cards....maybe just a few extra spoonfuls of his "rabbit" topper. I will give him lots of extra hugs and some indoor fetch (it's raining outside). Here's a picture of "little Murph".

Views: 560

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Awww.  Great photo.  Happy birthday, Murphy!

Thanks so much!

Happy 6th Birthday, Murphy! JD says that birthday dinners are highly overrated and that you should use this opportunity to guilt your mom into even more indoor fetch like he does. I'm so glad that you ended up where you are. :)

Here's another picture of "little Murph" that I loved so much, I saved it on my computer back when you were a baby: 

Thanks Aunt Karen!  I love this picture!

What a cute boy! Happy Birthday!

Thank you!!!!

6 years? Gosh I remember when you first got him, and the long way he has come in your and DH loving care.  He has always been a cutie and just keeps getting cuter. Happy Birthday Murphy/

Thank you, Sue!

Happy Birthday Murphy!!!!

Thank you!

Happy Birthday Murphy!  Lots of ball playing, the family he loves and a little extra topper sounds like a perfect doodle birthday! Hugs and licks from Tara an me!

Thanks, Ricki....there was LOTS of ball playing.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service