DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

I am a new member and will be bringing home my first DOOD puppy at the beginning of September. It has been great reading about doodles on this site and I am grateful for it. Sometimes though, I read sad and/or disheartening posts concerning illnesses and behavior problems. This leaves me nervous and wondering if I am reading too much about the negative aspects of owning a doodle. I trust my own instincts about my decision to own and love a doodle, but some discussions are unnerving. With that said, I was wondering if it would be possible to post only positive replies to this discussion. What has been one of your happiest experiences with your dog? If you groom your dog yourself, do you enjoy it, and does your dog love it too? What characteristic or personality trait about your dog do you enjoy the most about your DOOD? How has your dog enhanced your life? What do you miss about puppyhood now that you own an adult dog? What do you enjoy most about your dog now that he/she is an adult? Please describe your positive experiences! For extra fun, please post a picture of your wonderful DOOD. I thank you so much!

Views: 869

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I enjoy reading this post and the best part are the PICTURES! :D

Me too! And I can't wait to show my husband!
Oh there are so many great things about owning doodles, I love both of mine so much. If you have researched and read about the breed, which it sounds like you have, and decided it's for you then awesome! Every dog and breed of dog has some hiccups as I call them along the road. I think too, about the negative posts, if you run into trouble or have a question you naturally post to get help and the opinion of others. If I'm having a perfectly great day (which is 99% of them :) ) I don't routinely post. Not sure if that makes sense or not but I think your being smart and realistic about the whole thing. I have two doodles, 16 months and 4months and they are so happy together and it makes coming home after work that much better to see their furry faces! I groom my older one my self and he loves it in fact he will just lay on his side and fall asleep and I just roll him around to get to where ever I need to. My younger one is a little bit more of a handful and I think I will probably need to purchase a grooming table now that he is getting bigger but I still enjoy grooming him. Enjoy your baby and take lots of pictures they grow up so fast! When I brought Moose home he was 13 lbs and now only two months later he is almost 40- still so crazy to me! Ps- here's a pic of them :) Loki is the older one and Moose is the puppy!
Attachments:
And an other one! From about a month ago!
Attachments:

oh, how cute!  They look like clones!  I will be sure to post pictures!  Thanks!

My happiest moment was the day she arrived.  We waited for the plane to arrive and there was some mix up in the paper work so they had us wait way too long in my opinion to get our baby.  LOL  Actually it was just minutes.  We went to where you pick up animals and there was this little crate and I knew it had to be Libby.  I leaned down and looked into it and I immediately I saw two beautiful light brown eyes and we connected immediately.  It was like she was saying Hi Mommy, I swear and it just warmed my heart. To this day Libby talks with her eyes and she is definitely our heart dog.  She is the best dog we have ever had and the loves she gives to our family is amazing.  This is the day we brought her home.

OMG!!!  I'm naming my dog Libby too.  She so cute and I love her color.  (Especially her nose!)  

Oh, how nice!  Libby is a good name:)  Thank you for the compliments, we love her nose too!

Each stage has its own joys. Nothing like a new little puppy to warm the heart and home. Annabelle is a mini and weighs 14lbs at 11 months so that is why she looks smaller compared to the other doods. She loves to run and play. Her favorite game is keep away. She will have her toy in her mouth and wait for you to catch up to her then she takes off running expecting to chase after her and her toy. She loves to go for walks with my husband and I. She struts along like she is in her glory to have her people walking with her. She loves to sit between us on the couch and watch tv with us at night. Sometimes she will take turns sitting on our laps and snuggling. Then goes back to her spot on the couch until she needs another snuggle. She is in intermediate level training now and is doing very well. She learns quick. She has brought such joy to our home.

This is Annabelle a couple of days after we brought her home at 10 weeksThis is her tonight after running around the back yard.

oh, I can't wait to get my pup!  Annabelle is so adorable.  Thank you!

Our Mila reminds us to have fun everyday and enjoy being outside,, we spent 3 hours at the beach today having her fetch her toy from the water and roll in the sand 

Attachments:

oh, those eyes and that tongue!  Kisses!!!

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service