DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Hello doodle friends. My name is Ashley.  We have three children, two boys; one 14, one almost 17, and a little girl who is 8.

Our doodles are Sadie and Coal, who are litter mates. I know... We didn't get the memo, and it is too late now!  And I might have a little OCD, so this is going to be FUN!  My husband tells me each day to stop reading about puppy care and training, and to remember that they are not humans... Blasphemy, I say!

Sadie and Coal are black, F1 Standard Goldendoodles, mom a black/silver poodle and dad a golden retriever.  We expect them to be between 55 and 65 pounds when fully grown.  This might be a low estimate. ;)

They are 11 weeks old. I'm guessing Coal weighs around 12 pounds and Sadie is probably about 11 pounds. They had almost doubled their weight the last time we visited the vet.  We have had them for a while... Longer than we should have according to what I've read!

Things are going well, though we are working ourselves silly keeping them separate in an effort to avoid litter mate syndrome. They seem to be adjusting easily to being taken out of the house and in the car separately. They are always happy to see us, but even happier when reunited with each other.  We have enrolled in puppy classes, which start shortly after they have their last round of shots.  We also have them signed up for puppy daycare, on separate days.  

Both puppies have learned come, sit and down, though I wouldn't want to test them amid major distractions.  We are working on stay and release at present.  Loose leash is a bit of a challenge... we have experienced a few successful moments, but we have a long way to go.  My new motto is, "I have a pocket full of kibble, and I'm not afraid to use it!"

I am very thankful to have this site to help us through the stages of raising our precious pups.  I thoroughly enjoy looking at all of the photos of your amazing doodles.

Sadie 

Coal 

Views: 207

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Welcome to DK, your puppies are so adorable!

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service