DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Can someone please help me out and tell me what colouring Lucie Ann is?  I attempted to do some research on it but didn't have any luck.  We were at the dog park this past weekend, and we got a lot of comments from other doodle owners that they have never seen a labradoodle coloured like she is.  Appreciate any help :)

Views: 791

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That is definitely a stunning transformation!  It is so wonderful to see the progression!
Wow, what a beautiful doodle !! Her color and coat type is superb !!
I think the color is AWESOME too.  But, I grew up with a brindle cairn terrier and that is exactly the coloring his hair was...

She is so pretty, isn't she!? I had a thought after I wrote about puppy color changes that Lucie Ann looks just like my Wheaten terrier did when he was a pup--and he ended up almost white! But that is typical of that breed. If you look up Wheaten terrier pups though you will see the resemblance--check this out!

The color on her is beautiful!    I can definitely see it in the face and the legs!

I personally know NOTHING about this but here's something interesting:

BREEDS WITH THE MERLE GENE

The merle gene only occurs in a small selection of dog breeds. These are:

Australian Shepherd 
Catahoula Leopard Dog 
Dunker 
Border Collie 
Old English Sheepdog 
Mudi 
Cardigan Welsh Corgi 
Collie (Rough and Smooth) 
Shetland Sheepdog 
Dachshund 
Beauceron 
Bergamasco 
Pyrenean Shepherd 
Great Dane

It has also recently been bred into the Chihuahua, American Staffordshire Terrier, American Cocker Spaniel and Pomeranian.

She looks a whole lot like Ann and Mike's Sheba, particularly if you go and look at Sheba's baby pictures.  Hopefully Ann will see this and let you know what color Sheba is considered.

I agree. I did write this earlier from my phone but it did not go through. You really need to take a look at Ann Kendig's dog, Sheba. 

Sheba as a puppy looked just like this, although she has had a lot of color changes since then.  She just gets more beautiful each time I see her.

I'll pass the nice compliment on to Sheba, Joanne!  : )
Joanne is right about Sheba!

Here I am!!   I really don't know what color Sheba is now or what she was considered when she was a pup. I have mostly heard sable, brindle and merle as her coat changed.  Here are a few photos to show how much she changed.  Sheba will be 3 in December (Christmas Day) and she doesn't look like the same pup I brought home. Sheba is a Goldendoodle.

Sheba at around 4 months

This photo of Sheba was taken in late July of this year.

Earlier this summer Sheba got a major hair cut.  Thankfully she doesn't look like this any more but I was amazed to see the pattern in her coat.

It will be really interesting to see how Lucie Ann will change.  She is beautiful!  If you find out what color she is now, let me know!  

Wow - I'd call this color "Stunning"!

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service