DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

So we were pretty certain we wanted a mini UNTIL our breeder let us know that one of her current puppies is available after a family changed their mind. Of course I fell head over heels with his cuteness as soon as I saw his photos! He's an F1B standard goldendoodle expected to be 40-45lbs, so now we need to decide if we want to stay on our original waiting list for the F1B mini (expected to be 20-25lbs) or if we should welcome this little cutie into the family. He already has the cuteness factor going for him for sure! We are a little concerned with sizing since we have two small kids. I'd love to see how big your doodles are and how much they ended up weighing to sort of get a better idea of what we can expect and to hopefully help us a bit with our HUGE decision :) 

Views: 1543

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My two are 60 pds each and both standard F1. Their parents were on the big size too so we expected just what we got. 45 # would be perfect and what we will be getting next time. That is lap dog size to me!

Ned is  17" tall at the shoulder and 28 pounds.  I LOVE his size. Clancy is a medium height-wise (19") but he really has a retriever body and weighs 59 pounds. Doodles with more of a poodle body have a lighter weight-height ratio.  We also have a Springer Spaniel that weighs 42 pounds.

Here are some pictures so you can gauge sizes. My four year old granddaughter with Ned and Clancy. A group shot.  All of the doodles are minis except Clancy in the middle and Enzo, a standard on the right.
A nine year old boy with Ned:

That group photo nearly melted my heart!! And your grand daughter is a beauty! Thank you so much for sharing these precious photos! This definitely helps in giving us an idea of what we can expect with the different sizes. 

So many adorable doodles!

Your granddaughter is adorable and so are Ned and Clancy!
Enzo weighs in at 48 lbs. she is actually the smallest dog we have ever owned, as all our dogs were Golden Retrievers. She has a very " poodley" body underneath all the fluff. In fact, that is her in Nancy's pic above in the group pic. Last one on the right...breaking her sit-stay ;).

Annabelle is an F1B mini. She is 8 months old and weighs 13lbs. The breeder thought she might get to 20lbs, but doubt she will now. I think she is done growing for the most part. Her dad is an 11lb miniature poodle and I think she is kind of taking after him. She was spayed at 6 months and managed to put on another pound after that. She is the perfect size for me. I can pick her up if needed. She is a strong little girl though.

Meg is my F1, she is taller than my daughter's lab by probably 1 1/2 inch and holds steady at 73 #'s.  Polly is an F1B, weighs 50 pounds and what I would consider medium sized.

at 40-45 lbs, you will not be able to (easily) pick the dog up.  That's a good thing for most dogs.  My guy is 57 lbs and would hold his own with kids around, but he is a gentle (not-quite) giant and loves kids. most doodles, I believe, are like that

Ruby is an F1B [both parents are doodles]. Her mother was 28 pounds, father 42 pounds. The vet estimates she will be between 30 and 40 pounds. 

At 8 weeks she was 7. 3 pounds.

At 12 weeks she 12 pounds.

At 16 weeks she was 17 pounds.

And now, at almost 6 months she is 25 pounds. 

She is a lap dog, she always will be no matter how big she gets. We have so much fun with her but when she's muddy, it is nice to be able to lift her into the utility sink for a bath.

The weight and sizing issue is really a hard to pin target!

The parents of our not-so-little guy are 27 and 31 lb and at 5 months he is already 26 lb so he already weighs more than his mom!

We were told he would be in the 20 - 25 lb range!  The weight calculators online are saying 35 lb - ish!

I have talked with people who were told the estimated weight would be 30 lb and they end up 80 lb.  

Do you have a photo to share?  

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service