DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

How much poop does a doodle owner scoop when a doodle owner scoops for two?   All the talk about what it costs for feed our dogs for a month got me to thinking - how much poop am I picking up in a month.  It has seen a sharp rise in quantity since getting Stuart whose growth is in tandum with his increasingly larger poops.  Soooooo tomorrow I have decided that I am going to weigh the poo bags at the end of the evening to see just what is what.  It is obvious that I don't have enough to do but think about it, I'll be able to figure out how much poop that is a week, month and a year!  Very useful info don't ya think?  LOL

*******************************THE WEIGH IN******************************

I counted poops and weight over a two day time period to get an average.  Rooney poos 2/3 times a day - Stuart 3/4 times so on average I'll be picking up 2,190 bags of poop per year.  This has to be good exercise right?

The weight was .5 lbs per day (although this will go up as Stuart grows) so at the weight it will be 182.5 lbs in a year. 

So that is the stinky end of my quest to find out how much poop does a doole owner scoop.

Views: 462

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Jennifer - Are you saying that you feel "normal" on DK because you are comparing yourself to us who all are REAL WACKOS?  Did you mean that as a compliment or a put-down???  Either way, I'm ROFLMBO!!!!  (Aren't I doing better with these acronyms?)

I don't know about you Jane but weighing poop will definitely cause me to GAG!

I can tell you one thing for sure, Daisy eats more than she poops. I do not get 3 cups of poop a day, more like 1 - the beauty of a grain free diet!

Rooney doesn't poop much - Stuart is like a moose - tons and both eat grain free but Stuart eats a lot more than Rooney!!!
Grain free makes less poop?  Hmmmm...maybe I should look into that!
Yes, everything about Daisy is big, 65lbs, but her poop is little. When she first came to us she was on Eukenuba and her poops were huge at 3 months, we switched her gradually to Orijen and now she is on Acana...tiny little poops.
Grain-free usually produces less poop becaue there are less fillers and more of the food is utilized. But the dog also usually gets less, too, so it may not be the best choice for chowhounds who always seem to be looking for food.

Egad, we pick up as she poops in a biodegradable bag, have a can designated for poop under our deck and every week that can of poop dumps in the big black trash bag to the curb.

We use to pick up in a baggy for the last dog, turn it out into the toilet and flush. I can't stomach that anymore, as I get older things gross me out worse.

OMD - there is NO WAY I'd be dumping poo in the loo (ha ha).  Nasty - I didn't even do that for my kids!
OMD. I weighed poop once, I think after a winter clean up and posted it on DK. I think everyone thought I was a truly COL and now I have potential company. Adina worked out some sort of mathematical formula once too.
I just happen to have the link to that discussion here: http://www.doodlekisses.com/forum/topics/blame-it-on-adina
Ha, only you, Karen. What a system of retrieval you have. You do dig things up. Sometimes it's fun to revisit oldies but doodies. I swear the last word in that sentence slipped out, it was supposed to read goodies.

LOL!!! I know, I have 10 and I pick up poop regularly... I mean basically all the time! One picking up a week (big BIG yard) is probably about 30#... But that makes me feel good because the food I feed... they eat well over 60# a week so at least I do know that the food is giving nutrients rather than just pooping it all out! heehee This is funny.

I use a big pooper scooper and they are trained to poop way in the back of our land so nobody steps in it! I am an OCD freak believe it or not as I have all these dog inside my house :)

I wish there was an idea people could come up with for poop... a use for it... some type of fuel or something.... Ideas!!!

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service