DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

I took Quincy in for grooming this morning.  He was a mess of tangles so I guess I should not be surprised so hear his hair is short.  My DH picked him up and I was wondering why he did not call me here at work.  When I called him, he said it was because he was afraid to...it's short, "pretty much a crew cut".  DH said his face is still long and his tail length, too.  

Quincy has really thick most curly hair that tangles so easily.  I know, it will grow!  

I will post pictures later.  sigh.

OKAY- here he is...looking long, lanky and shaved.... 

sorry it's blurry, he was shivering! (JK)

His head looks like a Texas beauty queen from the 70's!  - I still say they did not have to shave his legs and back-he could have been left much longer, but I guess it's easier to shave than scissor cut.  

Views: 1048

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

He is still so handsome. He wont collect as many snowballs on his fur. Thats a plus!

Have to smile about the beauty queen from the 70's---that is kind of an odd look, but he's gorgeous no matter what style he's sporting. 

Still handsome!

I feel your pain! My nine month old went for grooming yesterday. I knew she had some bad matting in the chest and chin area so I expected a bit of shaving. To say I was not prepared for what I got was an understatement. Apparently her adult and puppy coat were getting matted together and there was nothing more they could do :-( before and after pics below. She is still my baby and I love her but she looks so skinny and vulnerable! Il be taking daily pics so I can see her progress!
Attachments:
Sorry, before pic didn't send
Attachments:

That's quite a difference Carly!  But still beautiful!

It will definitely be a one time thing! I only knew it was her because she has a cut on her nose. I got a bit irrationally upset but I'm over it now-glad my other half collected her though as I don't think I would be able to have faked a positive reaction!
Looks like a good looking dog! Just not not what you were used to. Hope the matting is over and done. Is it cold where you are?
Leslie-yes,she is still cute as ever, u think the cut has made her more boisterous as she can move quicker than before and sneak into places she didn't fit before! The groomer is ordering us better brushes and is going to show us how she brushes-it will be a learning curve! It's not too cold where I am, not ideal to have her so shaved in winter, but Northern Ireland coldness is nowhere near as bad as most places luckily

Quite a difference, Carly!  They do look so skinny and vulnerable when shaved, poor babies!  She's likely to feel cold now, so maybe a blanket and coat would be a good idea.  Trav grew out at about 1/2" per month.

Yeah, I hate her looking so vulnerable, I can see all of her eyes now so they guilt me even more than before! My boyfriend and her play wrestle all the time but he's scared now in case he breaks her lol. She has a jacket now, and a million blankets, so now the countdown is just on for it to grow back!

He's still a cutie, but I understand your shock.

Took Teddy in for his first ever grooming this past weekend (he is 8-months).  Discussed what I wanted with regards to length, etc, but not once did I tell the groomer not to cut him like a poodle.  Here are his before and after pics.  I miss his scruffy look, but he can see much better now.  I keep telling myself that it will grow back.

Attachments:

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service