DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Since we had to put Renny down a month ago, Oliver was really sad and looking for him, but this seemed to pass, and he was doing great.  I would go out to do errands and i didn't need to crate him, he wasn't doing any damage to anything.  He would hang out in front of the window in my office, or the sliding glass doors in my kitchen.  He now seems to be very very sad, that is the only way I can describe this, he is kind of lethargic, lays around a lot, but I thought maybe he is bored?  We took him to play with the doodle down the street, and he was ok, but then sort of came to me and laid down by my feet.  No interest in continuing play. He has become very clingy with both me and my husband, he is very attached to us and i undrstand that, I love when he rests his head on my leg sort of leaning into me, but he is much more attached now.  Then he decided that he wouldn't eat his food, he is on TOTW, since a young age, and today he refused to eat it at all this am.  He usually loves his food and inhales it, so we are trying Fromm's now.  He ate it ok, but not enthused, I just can't put my finger on it???..Is he lonely? is he ill? is he depressed?  I called the vet today and he wants to do a blood work up tomorrow on him and just check him over.  He mentioned something about poss. Addisons disease since he has poodle in him?  He told me not to get nuts, he just wants to make sure all is well since he had a stomache problem last month...He just isn't himself and I am so worried....I am hoping and praying that this is a delayed reaction to Renny's not being here.  I am sorry this is so long, I just need to get some thoughts on this...Thanks, Cheryl

Views: 500

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hasn't there been a recall on TOTW????? I am almost certain there has been. I would check into the bag that you have. Hope he feels better soon.

Yes there was a recall, but the bag we had is not on the recall list.  i returned it anyway, and switched him to Fromm;s today.  Thanks for the feel better wishes...

http://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/dog-food-recall/diamond-dog-food-reca...

here is the list of foods, though there is a very slim chance of a pet becoming sick

I have that list too, and his bag of food was not one of the problem ones.  I returned the bag anyway, and he is on Fromm's now.

Cheryl -

Hoping Oliver will get back to himself.  I'm sure he is missing his big brother and just needs time to adjust.  It is a good idea to make sure there is nothing medically wrong. 

Please keep us update on Oliver.

I think he is missing his buddy!! In my opinion that would explain the clingy. But I don't know him. No one knows him like you. Follow your gut. I think it is a good idea to have him checked out by a vet just to be sure!! Hope he is better soon!

Thanks, Rose Ann, I am so hoping it is just that he is missing his buddy. I guess if I take him tomorrow for bld work, he will have an answer maybe Mon or Tues.  I will keep everyone informed.  Thanks, I appreciate your your concern....

I don't have any advice..but I am sorry...I Hate worrying about our babies!

Hi Jen, thanks for your response.  It is terrible to worry about these kids...It is so hard because they can't tell us if they hurt or what is wrong....I hope you are doing better, and that the fever is better...You are such an amazing person Jen, hugs to you and Jack too....

Thanks.. I could never hold it together if it were not for all the love and support in my life..Gods honest truth.

It is so hard....no one really knows what a dog is thinking ...I think people can speculate what they understand and what they don't ...but I am not totally convinced.

I worry immensely about Jack.... Jack is my sheer joy...I have never loved anything more.....and my heart is so torn because he and my moms dog have literally been together almost for a year with very little separation. Because i am always with my mom or she with me. If I prove to be stable...Jack will be coming home on Monday without my mom and Molly .and I am very torn because he is doing so well...and I am going to be looking for advice on how to retransition him back home.

The one night I was alone with him before I went back in the hospital he wouldn't settle down until i got Molly's pad out of her crate and put it in my bed.

I do know if Oliver is trying to adjust to change that he will eventually adjust....and if you keep a normal,routine that is even better.

Cheryl,

A big hug to Oliver.  One for you and your family.

I recognize what you are saying. Everything. 

Cheryl, I'm sorry to hear that Oliver is not himself lately. I do think a blood workup is a good idea, I was thinking that even before I got to the part of your post where you said the vet suggested it. I agree, don't get nuts, but have it done. When the blood work comes back normal, you will be able to stop worrying about a physical cause for Oliver's behavior. Hope he gets back to his usual self soon.

(PS:As previously mentioned in other discussions, it's not from the TOTW.)

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service