DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

I feel really stupid asking this.... my first born son Oliver (black labradoodle-14 months old -neutered)  I have noticed in the past month that when I let him out of his crate in the morning and some times before I take him out that his "peepee" and glands on each side of his peepee are swollen.  I'm thinking that he has a "full tank" and needs to go outside and pee, this seems like the only time it happens.  Am I correct???  The lipstick is not out or anything it just seems like everything down there is full !!!  Once I let him out and he takes care of bussiness everything is good.  This could have been happening all along and just never noticed or it could of just started -- I'm kind of clueless.

I never had a male dog, I always had females so the "boy things" are new to me.   I feel like a nut constantly looking at his peepee all the time :(   I'm trying to see if there is a pattern.  He does not seem in pain, is acting his normal crazy self - should I be worried?  do I need to take him to the vet?  When he was neutuered at 6 months everything went well and he breezed thru surgery.  Help!!!  Is my boy OK???

Views: 231

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Haha! That was really funny! "Full tanks!" lol! Parker gets the same thing so nothing to worry about!
Haven't noticed this with my male so now when I do, I will know what it means!
Now you're going to have me looking at my lil boy's pee-pee. LOL! I never noticed this before on any of my male dogs ... but, of course, I never made it a habit to sneak a peek. Maybe I should, since I am responsible for my kids' wellbeing.
Thanks for your help Lisa & Katie... I kind of thought it was that but was not 100% sure.
Ginny-Barbie .... Its very noticible on my Oliver, when he comes out of his crate in the a.m. he loves to lay on his back and I give him tummy rubs... can't help but notice it because he is a large doodle at about 80 lbs, if I did not get a K-9 male lesson when I had him neutered I would of sworn they did not do the job right because of the glands on each side of his peepee, I would of thought he was still "intact". The vet explained that they are glands and that they would be swollen from surgery for a day or two. I just never thought that him having a full bladder would effect the glands.
You boy is fine and this is normal.  I am guessing you have never had a male child or you may have noticed that they sometimes wake up with an erection also. 
I've never noticed this... now you're going to make be look!
I LOVE female dogs! LOL!
Where's the "Like" button when you need one?

You just have no idea how happy this post makes me feel.  Here is a link to a post I made when Harley was about 4 months old. At least you knew they were glands!  lol

http://www.doodlekisses.com/forum/topics/male-anatomy

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service