DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

I just might lose my lunch over this...I'm so upset I could cry.....or skin two dogs...haven't decided yet.(crate update)

Yes, they are still puppies. Yes, we walk them every single day and play and play and play and play. Yes we thought we had totally puppy proofed our dining room but somehow, our beaver doodles CHEWED their way into a cabinet and drug out, tore-up and chewed beyond recognition some of my linen napkins, a Longeburger basket and liner, and antique cookbook of my great grandmothers (with her writing in it) and of all things, a bottle of Elmer's glue...all in a 3 hour period.

When I opened the front door today, Penny was standing on the gate with one of the Longeberger liners in her mouth, all proud of herself and making happy, happy, wookie noises. Ginger knew right away that they were in BIG trouble and immediately ran for cover as if I was going to beat her or something. There they both stood, covered in glue and pieces of antique cookbook stuck all over them...I would have laughed if I hadn't been about to throw up. I don't know what to do. We've tried everything except selling them….CHEAP! Oh! And one more YES….They had plenty of toys to chew on. I guess it’s time to kennel them during the day. So sad though, we got two so that they would have each other and stay out of trouble. Instead, they are partners in crime on a mission to destroy my house one bite at a time.

"CALGON tequila take me away"

So I think a few of you might have missed the pics I posted so I'll puth them here...and...THANK YOU ALL!  I'm so encouraged by your posts. :)

WISH US LUCK!!!!

Find the treats!!!

Views: 322

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

OMG is right! I have a labradoodle I crated for the first 6 months I had her because everyone warned me about this happening. Then she graduated to being in the foyer with the crate open so she could go in it if she wanted, then to being free in the kitchen and then to the living room and kitchen with the crate always open. Every since she turned one year old I put her crate away because it just became the toy box. (I threw all of her toys in it and she always drug all of them out. I think she thought it was a game.)  She has never chewed anything up. Not even her stuffed toys...she has the first one I bought her still intact. I guess I've been very lucky!!!
Thank you for sharing that!  I knew I couldn't be the only one with such a story.  I feel very fortunate as well.

When I leave Louie is crated...always...it's safer for him. He sleeps with me at night and I close the bedroom door.

He will eat anything...I'll spare you the details but I found remnants of unmentionables in the yard or thrown up...thankfully they have come out one way or another.

I agree with others that crating is not a bad thing...my wheaton goes in on her own all the time. It's their Den. I just got Louie a new crate since I realized it was a long term solution for him...it looks like a piece of furniture so it blends in better that the other types. I found one on Craigs list for $150 instead of the $500 price new. It was from Denhaus.com.

I feel your pain about the recipe book ...so sorry that happened. 

It's a good thing these Doodles are so adorable cuz they sure do get in a lot of trouble!!

OMG! What a cleaning challenge. My doodle was somewhat destructive until she was about 18 mos - she's 3 1/2 now. Her favorite item to destroy was paper, thankfully, except that I lost track of a few bills. I did kennel-train Lottie for about a year at first when I was gone and at night but then just confined her to the kitchen-dining room area with the kennel door open. As I left for work, she went into her "room". No destruction and a happy puppy. I confined her to the kitchen/dining room until just after she turned 3 years old, but allow her to have the run of the house. Now when I am gone, she likes to raid the bathroom trash can but that's all. I was taught that a dog needs boundaries just like a child. Perhaps kenneling your two little darlings would help, at least until they grow out of their initial destructiveness. Good luck!
Everyone loves their dogs....but you are lucky to have Higby!
I'm so laughing !!!!  I've never had anything seriously chewed up! I read Jared's message and am thinking i should be more careful!!!! We let Abbey have free reign also... Probably not too smart! But I'm still laughing over your story! Thanks for making my Friday more fun!
Ok, that just solved my dilemma about getting another doodle puppy to keep my five year-old doodle company!  I think I'm happy with what I have!
No no no no....They LOVE each other soooo much. I would do it all over again and I would recommend TWO for anyone. They just fire each other up. We need to do the crate thing.  Good luck :)
Well that is certainly worse than Bella has done, but she too has a mischievous side and has an affinity for paper! My mother said to me one time, when I was telling her Bella had gotten into a magazine or newspaper or my homework (yes, she did!), "they forgot to tell you she is part goat" hahahaha! Creating is not such a bad thing, and when you can't be there to correct bad behavior it is best for them and you, they could get into something more dangerous.
so Harlan was trying to tell you he had to go out!!  Guess you'll have to get downstairs at 5:45 a.m. from now on!!  My turn will come....expecting a new puppy in July!
So happy for you Gayle.... Doodles are so smart and fun.  They just have a lot of energy and need structure. You'll have a great time together and so will you.  Go to my page and look at our snow pictures... One wouldn't have been nearly as fun as two. This was totally our fault.
Oh Donna!  Obviously time does ease over the situation!  I was just getting a bit overwhelemed with all he other posts about damage, chewing,etc!  And again, without the little baby in your arms, the negative can become scary!  I am so excited about getting a new puppy...July can't come fast enough...yet I don't want to wish away the summer too quickly!  We here in the north east had a horribly cold winter!!  I'm glad you're feeling better....I do feel so sorry for your loses with valuables....but....look at those dogs!!!

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service