DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

When we get overheated running around in hot weather, we often put a wet towel around our necks. And when our dogs get hot, we often do the same for them hoping it will help them in the high heat. Better to dampen their paws. It's the paws that help a dog release heat, so dip those pads in cool (but not cold) water for a quick pick up. You can even rub the paws with an alcohol wipe in a pinch, and the wipes are easy to carry on walks and hikes in your pocket.

This was todays daily dog tip.  Has anyone heard of this before?

Views: 25

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I haven't heard this before, but it certainly makes sense.  Thanks for the tip!
yea,thanks for the tip. we've been having a hot and humid heat wave here so it will help.
Makes perfect sense! We are always trying to walk Molly through a mud hole or a water hole whenever we're out in the heat!
I take my pups in the stream right next to my house--sometimes the water is only 2 inches deep, but cold. It always refreshes them. Rio, the puppy, really loves it and goes in every day--must be because of his name!
I haven't heard of this but I used to have a dog that would did his paws into his water bowl when he got overheated. I guess he must have read the article!! :)
Ha Ha!!
Oops! I mean DIP his paws!! geez...
Boy, I'm glad I waited to agree with you, lol.  Apollo does did dig dip his paws in the water bucket. 
Ha ha Tina!!!
Thanks Tina, I knew about the pads but could not find a convenient way for the cool down in the middle of a walk. The wipes seem like a great idea. I wish mine were not afraid of the baby pool we bought them!
it does sound like a good idea. Thanks
Thank you for the tip, I've never heard this before.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service