DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

I NEED all of you ladies to help me out here (o.k. guys I'll listen to you too). #54 is coming up this June. I haven't colored my hair in 7 months, thought it might be time to go natural - like who am I kidding right?  Plus now I have Rooney's groomer to pay for so giving up a hairdresser seemed o.k.  But right now I look like I'm homeless - it is only about 1/3 grown out. What do I do - color it, cut it all off really short or just gut it out knowing that I'll be a foxy white down the road. Help.

Views: 140

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks for all the input.  Sadly, my hair has always been very fine and very thin - now having gone through menopause - I only have 3 strands of hair left - lol.  It has gotten much thinner.  In my 30's I wore my hair short like a mans, bleached a white blonde and rocked it!  But I was way thinner.  The last person to cut my hair said that going short would leave me looking bald - yikes!  Sooooooooo - I'm going to go get about 2 inches of old color cut off but leaving my hair long enough for a ponytail (low on the neck) and works well with my golfing hats.  I've made it this far so I might as well gut it out and see what the end result looks like.

I agree we need a picture but my decision to colour (hi-lites) is due to the fact that I am a mousy brown naturally so my grey is definitely not attractive.  I think I will always colour my hair.

Would love to have that beautiful snow white hair my dad had but it's just not in the cards.

We have a school of hairdressing in our city so cuts and colours are cheap cheap cheap and a mani/pedi is only $20 - you just have to expect the process will take a bit longer.

Good luck on your decision.

Judi, I am so jelli, I would kill to have a mani/pedi for $20...every time I look at my feet I say- ugh I need one and then I look at my Daisy and say but she would really like a daycare day.

You have great coloring and could probably pull off white/gray hair quite beautifully, but my vote is for highlights.  You can go every three months for a "partial" or "half-head" and ask the stylist to use two or even three shades.  I found a great colorist who only charges 80-something for the partial.  For the half head, she used three colors on me last time and charged me "only" $125.  I use highlights to mask a patch of grey on my part-line and because it is fun.

This is the color combo I would aim for with your skin and hair coloring.

http://tinyurl.com/3ckk7tv

I agree with the highlights, but I'd go a little ashier than Cameron.
Yeah, you're right :-)

Whatever you pick, you are going to look great. 

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service