DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

well i was leaving to go to walmart last night and backing out of the garage and accidentally ran over my cat!!! OMG  i saw her crawl off dragging her two  back legs  behind her leaving a trail of liquid. i immediately  got out of my car and ran over to her. she was hiding behind a table and i pulled her out. she was not able to walk on her back legs so i called my husband crying and told him what happened. I ended up having a friend drive me to the emergency vet and had her examined and x-rayed. she was leaking blood out of her rectum and urinary tract. The vet told me that she had a hip out of the socket and that part of that socket was broken. multiple vertebrae were completely crushed above the base of her tail, so that would have to be amputated as well as have her hip socket shaved and permanently dislocated. she most likely wouldnt have any bladder and rectal control so she would have to be monitored and given daily enemas.. If i did proceed with the expensive procedures the vet couldnt even say if she would make if after that, that they should monitor her and keep her medicated and hydrated to see if she could survive surgery.  Well i had to make the hard decision of putting her to sleep this morning. Her quality of life would have  been poor. I FEEL SO GUILTY!!!! its all my fault, she was my baby and slept with me every night.. i had her head cupped in my hands and she was purring before she went to sleep. Please be careful when backing up.. Im picking up my new puppy this afternoon of all afternoons and i feel like crap...at least i know shes feeling bettter now.

Katie

Views: 125

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My prayers are with you.....I'm so sorry for your pain
There are no words to adequately express my sympathy. What a sad and difficult thing to experience. My thoughts and prayers are with you...
Katie...the same thing happened to me 30 years ago but I also had my small children in the car. It was horrible and heart breaking. I know exactly how you feel! I am so sorry.
I am so sorry for your loss..
Oh Katie! I'm sooooo sorry! I know tonight will be very hard. I pray you can get some sleep. I know the new puppy will NEVER take the place of your cat,b ut hopefully the joy the puppy will bring you will help you through this difficult time! We're all here for you!
[[[[[HUGS}}}}}
Thanks for all the replies... I made it for a few hours without crying.... It's going to be another sleepless night but for a whole other reason... Thanks again for the support
I'm so sorry for your loss. What a terrible accident. I hope the new puppy can help ease your heartbreak.
I'm so, so sorry!
I'm so sorry for your loss.
This was a tragic accident, and I can only imagine how you must be feeling. I am so sorry.
Oh Katie, I am so sorry for you. I know exactly how you are feeling as that is how we lost our 14 yo Pokie-kitty. I backed out of my garage and accidently ran over her. In my case she passed immediately. Sending you a big virtual hug. Maybe our 2 kitties are playing together on this side of the Rainbow Bridge.
Katie, I wish I could choose the perfect words for you but am honestly at a loss. Perhaps this is one of those times when we really just want people to listen and encircle us with comfort. You do not stand alone in this as you can clearly see by the outpouring of dk love. May the many memories you have provide you with comfort as you find your way through this. And may that new doodle puppy lick your tears away. Blessings ~ Dianne

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service